GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to get a custom box built for my duramax. I'm going to raise the seat to fit my Icon 12" that is too deep to fit in the typical underseat boxes you see on the internet. I had a great custom ported box built by a guy up north for my old black truck and it was a very cheap price considering he shipped it almost across the country. I cannot remember his name and the forum (ssaudio) doesn't seem to be active anymore since a lot of the posts are showing 2013 as most recent.

Does anyone know of a good custom box builder? I think I could explain what I need done to someone with drawings and phone conversations but I don't know where to start.

thanks
John

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
you dont trust yourself with a little woodwork and glue? There's gotta be a few places near you, if not then there'd be a few in dfw area

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about it since I had four 4x8 sheets of 3/4" MDF in my house that we are no using, but I don't have the tools to cut wood. I have a grinder, dremel and a sawzall, none of which I want to use to cut wood

·
Custom User Title
19 Posts
i've heard some extremely good reviews of bill's boxes in new iberia, louisiana. idk if you're willing to drive or ship. just trying to help.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I haven't been pushing to get it done yet, been focusing on other stuff. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
[MENTION=41221]Nasty[/MENTION]

·
Registered
191 Posts
No, I haven't been pushing to get it done yet, been focusing on other stuff. Do you have any suggestions?
I do not have any suggestions. I was just curious if you had it done as I'm looking for the same thing.

Update the thread if you find someone and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not have any suggestions. I was just curious if you had it done as I'm looking for the same thing.

Update the thread if you find someone and let us know how it goes.
Will do, I've been focusing on other parts of the truck first. I really need to get this done though, I've had my sub and amp sitting in my garage for a year...

·
Registered
636 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts