GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what companys sell promgrams that i can change the setting one my truck from my lap top my trucks a 2002 chevy with a 4.8 l and i'm gonna be swaping it to a 6 liter and a 4l80 in the spring i want something thats gonna work with that also thanks

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
he's right although LS1 EDIT is outdated technology and isn't even sold anymore to my knowledge.

I have EFI Live and I love it. Be prepared to pay at least $550 for each program unless you find a good deal like me....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so there none that i can just tune and test on my truck from my lap top with out paying for it eveytime ?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
expect to shell out big bucks at first...but once you buy the rights to that truck, you can tune and retune as much as you like for free. HPtuners is 500$, but it comes with 8 credits, so you can tune your truck with 2 credits and 3 others peoples trucks/cars with the others...charge them 100$+ each and end up paying 200$ for the program and tune...

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is a guy selling a used EFILive V1 over on performance truck's that will do what you want but you will have to buy a license to tune your truck (an additional $99), as he has used up the 2 it came with, but there is a lot of learning that goes in to these software suite's, there by no means plug and play, but they will do everything you want, and need to do and more. :)

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
You can download EFILive for free from their site. This will give you a chance to try out the program before you buy it.
Personally I think EFI Live is super easy and even though HP Tuners is about the same, I think EFI Live is a little bit more user friendly. Also, I'm not sure about HpTuners but EFI Live has an excellent customer forum with experienced tuners who will help you out big time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts