GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to build a console where my fold down seat/console is now.

Face the sub towards the back wall? Run the port to the top towards the roof? Face the sub up and port to the rear? I dont think im going to put a screen or anything in it just the sub so I will make it as big as I can. All ideas would be great.

I have a 10" Solobaric 4 ohm I believe running off a JBL 600.1 and with my aftermarket it pounded real good in my small sealed box.

·
Registered
131 Posts
for a custom center sub, the effect will be best if you fire the thing off of the back wall or too the floor, just make sure the port has room to breath or you will hear the port noise or wind noise off of what it is firing into. I did 4 tens firing down in a 99 dodge ram, in a custom center console, you have gobs of room there, you can use it!
In the last month of Truckin, (may 2004) they showcased how to do a center consold sub set up between the seats of an s10, you could look at that set up too, was pretty easy to mimic and you have more room than them for sure!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
DemoN said:
i assume this is in a reg cab? i personally wouldn't fire at the back wall then. it's not a big enough cab to get the effect you'd want...you'd just get extreme viberation:read: in a center console, i'd fire the sub down and port up
I agree. I was talking to a friend of mine that does stereos, and we talked about doing the subs in the center console(need the room in the back seat) and he was talking about doing them down fireing. I think we're just gonna do a cut through though.

·
Registered
787 Posts
screw making the console........sell me ur sub :LOL:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts