GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in PA and cant find anywhere in PA or DE that can make me a 5" dual exhaust that will mount on my already existing 5" setup. Is a 5" dual exhaust possible and if so where can i get it or buy the stuff to make it or get it welded together to install it?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
should have posted in the duramax section but to answer ur question im not aware of any companys making a 5" dual just a 4"

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a place in Ephrata, PA that does alot of custom stuff in the Lancaster area. I don't think Avondale is that far. Might be worth a call.

·
Hella
918 Posts
why duals? just curious. no increase in *noteable* flow...and looks hideous 98% of the time

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats the number of the place in epherta. thats actually pretty close to where i live. I havent yet definetly decided on duals or single yet. just looking at my options. I currently have a 5" right off the turbo straight pipe.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Duals will hurt performance especially on a diesel.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
How many guys who have diesels have Dual pipes? Basically there is only one Turbo so there had to be one exit from the motor. Most guys have one large exit pipe to let the engine breathe.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
if i was you i would stick with a 4in single, a duramax with very little mods doesnt like real free flowing exhaust, it hurts on the low end but works good up top.

i have dual 5in on my truck, all custom made...
as in hurting performance, it didnt. but my trucks not stock. would single 5in been good enough, yes. and dual are pointless on this truck but i like the way they look.
005.jpg

001-1.jpg

010-6.jpg

013.jpg

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I currently have a 5" straight pipe right off the turbo. I have an S&B air intake. I wanted the 5" dual for the looks and because almost nobody has it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts