GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is at my friends house we started to put my body lift in. He is way into the offroad seen, his 89 yota 4runner has 13 inches of lift, custom 4-link rear with huge coilovers, 36 super swampers, I think youget the idea. Well he wants to run my exhaust between the body and frame and come out the side of the bed (so as not to crush it on the rocks). Has anyone done this or is just some crazy idea that won't work.

·
Bowhunter
516 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "between the body and frame", but I have my exhaust routed out the side. Is this what you mean?

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
he is installing a body lift
i think he means now the the body is 2 or 3" above the frame to run it between the fram and the bottom of the boddy and out the middle of the fender

if thats what you mean :nono: it will look like :crap:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Yeah I dunno about coming out through the side of the bed.. it should fit between the frame and body.. but I would just get turndowns, not drill through the bed :imo

·
Back from hiatus..
600 Posts
i have seen exhaust through the side of the bed and it can look very clean, but it can also look very bad. i thought about doing it on my s-10 but i didn't have enough room. if you do decide to do it, just make sure you do it really clean.

·
Bowhunter
516 Posts
Oh...gotcha. I don't think I'd run it out the actual bed. I don't really see the point in that. You'd have a much easier install, and still plenty of clearance, if you just ran turn-downs, as suggested above.

I think cutting into your bed might be a bad idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts