GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
lately i have been wanting some fog lights and i figured why not put 7' light bars in the stock holes for fog lights. My truck wasnt wired for fog lights from factory so i bought a wiring harness with relay and switch so that i could wire them NON-oem.
Alright, first is the switch install. I decided to put 3 rough country rocker switches where most people have a cassette player or cuby hole above the cupholder. I did that by dremeling the face of the cassette player flat so that i could glue a piece of ABS plastic to the face so that it can sit flat with the "faceplate" of the cubbyhole, thus giving me a great place to mount three rocker switches. Once gutting the cassette player i cut the holes for the switches in and the only REAL modding done was making the hole bigger than it was so that the switches can mount because they measure more than the opening vertically. I'm sorry i have no pics of the cassette player gutting but if needed i could still take one. So heres the pic of the finished product, notice the hole is ALOT bigger.

On to the light install. The lights just barely squeeze in there but they fill up the hole quite nice. For mounting i used a piece of Handi or plumber strap and borrowed a hole on the bottom of the bumper to connect the top of the light mount to a "secure" place. Here are the pictures of the lights, on and off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not that big of a dick, i leave them off unless it's an open road or country roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
crazy not stupid
1,017 Posts
Automatically assumes you run them 24/7 lol. Tell us more about atclauss' driving habits graystone :facepalm:

They look good a fit perfectly down there. Switches came out good too. The whole truck is clean as hell. Nice work man.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,462 Posts
Automatically assumes you run them 24/7 lol. Tell us more about atclauss' driving habits graystone :facepalm:

They look good a fit perfectly down there. Switches came out good too. The whole truck is clean as hell. Nice work man.
Considering right now there are about to manufactureS that produce less that have optics approved by the dot it's going to glare. There are 2% of the people on the road with led lights that actually use them offroad and not on the street. Plus for the people that need them for more light during bad weather it actually makes seeing worse. I use all factory lighting and can see fine even with my 20+ year old trucks on the street.

Your attempt to put me on blast was weak

·
Registered
878 Posts
hate hate hate

BTW, nice install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the pics of mounting for those that want them, it's pretty simple, tried to get a couple angles but here's what I got:

Pictures 1 and 3 are from eye placement looking at it, pictures 2 and 5 are from side looking at it, pic 4 is above a light looking at bracket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
lately i have been wanting some fog lights and i figured why not put 7' light bars in the stock holes for fog lights. My truck wasnt wired for fog lights from factory so i bought a wiring harness with relay and switch so that i could wire them NON-oem.
Alright, first is the switch install. I decided to put 3 rough country rocker switches where most people have a cassette player or cuby hole above the cupholder. I did that by dremeling the face of the cassette player flat so that i could glue a piece of ABS plastic to the face so that it can sit flat with the "faceplate" of the cubbyhole, thus giving me a great place to mount three rocker switches. Once gutting the cassette player i cut the holes for the switches in and the only REAL modding done was making the hole bigger than it was so that the switches can mount because they measure more than the opening vertically. I'm sorry i have no pics of the cassette player gutting but if needed i could still take one. So heres the pic of the finished product, notice the hole is ALOT bigger.

On to the light install. The lights just barely squeeze in there but they fill up the hole quite nice. For mounting i used a piece of Handi or plumber strap and borrowed a hole on the bottom of the bumper to connect the top of the light mount to a "secure" place. Here are the pictures of the lights, on and off.
ED2ACE5B-5DE7-40A7-AC56-281582B77455.jpeg
I like lights myself!!😁 you did a good job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts