GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both my dad and i are considering cutom tunes for our trucks. his is an 06 gmc siearra with the 5.3 auto,mine is an 06 silverado with an 4.3 five speed. my question is what kind of power numbers did you guys see with either motors and could you feel a diffrence right away?any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Some say that it takes about 200 miles for the tune to be learned by the pcm; others say it kicks in right away. I tune mine myself with HPTuners and I have noticed a nice increase even though I haven't got it completely dialed in yet. IDK much about how 4.3's respond to tuning but I'd think there's about 20 hp to be had on the 5.3. Are there any mods done to either engine?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
your in TX nellson performance

·
Registered
785 Posts
stroker ace thank you for your help,lethal yoyo where abouts is nellson performance?
I'll be in North Richland Hills this coming weekend to teach an EFILive course, and if you're wanting, I can set you up with a tune. The gains for a 5.3 will be much more impressive than what you'll get out of the 4.3.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
justin is the man IMO

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you so much guys for all your input.justin ss where will you be at in northrichland hills and how much will the tune cost?

·
Registered
785 Posts
thank you so much guys for all your input.justin ss where will you be at in northrichland hills and how much will the tune cost?
I will be getting in Friday night and staying at a Comfort Inn right at 820/Rufe Snow Dr. I will be at Xtreme Horsepower on Saturday 5102 Commercial Drive, North Richland Hills, tx 76180.

Looks like I've got about an hour to spare in the evening on Saturday before I need to get to the airport, starting at 5:30pm, or I could meet up with you Friday evening after 9pm when I get in.

Given the tight timeframe, I'd give you a 15% discount on a tune, making the price be $170.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for letting me konw the price of the tune justin,wish i could let you do it on saturday but it looks like i have to pay bills out of this check.but im sure you know how that is,thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Absolutely. I'm preparing for a cross country move in less than a month, so I definitely know what you're feeling.

Speaking of which, I'll more than likely be staying the night in Saginaw on the evening of the 31st and could tune you up then if you're interested.

Thanks,
Justin

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Go with justinSS. I have never bought anything from him but he helped me with my tranny tuning on my truck.

Good guy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts