GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking around for a set(4) of bushwacker cut out flares to better cover my wide tires. I was wondering if anyone here knew a place to get them cheap. Right now the best prices i found are about $500-550 for front and back flares. Or i could just go to jasons and steal whats left of the flares off his truck!

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
contact patrick (member 4wd 4 less) he sells them im pretty sure and can get you a great price

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Lol, well, my left front one flew off while driving down the freeway so thats not there anymore... Then my right front is broken in half from hitting a rock wall... And the rears are bent and tapered to form to my new rear "fenders"... But your welcome to them :LOL:

I bought mine from 4 wheel parts at the time and I thik I paid about $450 but that was over 2 years ago.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Do you really want to cut into your truck? Warn 4x flares might be better for you. its hard to find bushwackers for a good deal online, i've been trying as well

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my tires stick out way past the oem flares i have now and i figured the cutouts would clear up a lot of room so i dont rub at all and it should stop when i first get my truck cleaned and go through a gutter making a turn and it throws water fromt he back to front and the fron to back :ninja: as well as rocks on the dirt trails.

Thanks for the info on the warnes i havent seen them but im gona go check them out right now. Any other input on different flares from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
832 Posts
your not going to find anywhere much cheaper than 4wheel parts. Simply because who else makes cut outs?? no one. So bushwhacker has no competition in that market giving them no reason to lower prices. :bawl:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I've been told that my left front flare is on I395 just south of Kramer Junction on the left shoulder so your more than welcome to go get it, you will be 1/4 the way there :LOL:

·
6,656 Posts
willyswanter said:
I've been told that my left front flare is on I395 just south of Kramer Junction on the left shoulder so your more than welcome to go get it, you will be 1/4 the way there :LOL:
:lol:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
vhato (fsc guru of gears) runs the 4x flares, i want him to hurry up and sell his truck and give them to me.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4x flares are 4" out right? I think that might do it ill go check in a bit. I like the looks of booth the cut outs and those 4x flares but if i can i would rather go with the 4x so i dont cut the shit outa my truck. Tnx for the info kyle. And dark about bushwacker making the only cutout flares... Your looking to open a shop or was that jason? anyway why dont you fix up some of your own brand of cut outs and give them hell!!! btw if you do i get a pair free for thinking openly about it to you :crazy:

·
6,656 Posts
Yeah after college I am going to open my own shop. If I can make a deal with a company to produce them cutouts would be cool, especially ones that actually cut out more (alot of the bushwacker ones dont cut much)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
My shop opens in about 8 months :crazy: Just bought the property...

Those flares above don't look like they stick out 4"... They look more like 2"... My wackers only stick out 4.5" and they are at least double of those posted above...

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i agree about the ones above look like they dont really do much more than these i have right now. But on one site i read "4X FLARES (4" FLARE) " which looked like some small business fruity site but i took their word for it. I hope this is right because these warns flares are about half the price.

BTW good news about your shop. Im gona bring my truck to you when it need band-aids :pissed:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would never do it again on a NBS.... If I were to do something like that it would be glass fenders and something for the rear..... For the money, they truly do suck on NBS..... OBS look awesome cause of the amount of cutting......

If someone wants to host the pictures, I'll send them.......

·
2,451 Posts
Kyle said:
vhato (fsc guru of gears) runs the 4x flares, i want him to hurry up and sell his truck and give them to me.

i asked him to join,but he hasnt yet. somebody else ask him, he is a gear/axle genious :read:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SouthernZ71 said:
I would never do it again on a NBS.... If I were to do something like that it would be glass fenders and something for the rear..... For the money, they truly do suck on NBS..... OBS look awesome cause of the amount of cutting......

If someone wants to host the pictures, I'll send them.......
You talking about the 4x flares or the cut outs?

you can send me the pics at [email protected] and i can host them.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
yeah live in the past :crazy: i didn't know fsc had hotlinking problems

1 - 20 of 28 Posts