GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my LS1, I had a cut out on it and loved the sound; to me, it was the perfect exhaust sound. I have since replaced that vehicle with a 2002 Sierra, 4.8L.

Has anyone here has put a cut out on this size engine? How does it sound?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I have one on my 4.8, and I like the way it sounds. I have never really heard it from outside, cause I can never find somebody I trust to drive it around. A few members have heard my truck, so maybe they can chime in.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have a DMH cutout on my 4.8... I've been lazy about getting a video up but maybe I'll go do that right now... it sounds nice, but I havn't heard it from outside either...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VicRed - If you haven't heard it from the outside, then I would highly suggest getting someone to drive it for you. The sound is incredible.

03GMC - Thanks for sharing the vids. Sweet truck. :head:

yoskater - What are you waiting for? It's a nice day out today. At least it has to be if you are in So Cal.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Yeah I have an electric cutout

Osama, I mean.. Otama :LOL: - I went out today to take videos of my truck, and my fucking video camera is broken! When you push the record button nothing happens :bawl: I am a technology freak and I tried everything... nothing worked, gonna have to send it in to cannon! :flame:
Btw, :welcome: to the site! :D

On a side note, yes, it was a beautiful day today.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
If I remember tomorrow, I will get a video clip of it.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Well, I just got a clip of it, but its not all that great.
Sound clip

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sounded so good. :hitit: Is that on a stock 4.8L?

Thanks for sharing. :rocking:

Also, what are the deminsions of the pipe that it will be going on? Is it 3" or 3 1/2"?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
otama said:
That sounded so good. :hitit: Is that on a stock 4.8L?

Thanks for sharing. :rocking:

Also, what are the deminsions of the pipe that it will be going on? Is it 3" or 3 1/2"?

I bought the 3" cutout from Summit. My engine is stock other than intake and a Nelson Tune. I should have a new vid to post up by 9:00 tonight.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Here is a better clip of the cut-out with higher revs.

sound clip

·
[>
3,255 Posts
VicRed said:
Here is a better clip of the cut-out with higher revs.

sound clip

:head: That sounds great Austin :head:

So do you drive around with it open or just open it every now and then?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again, I appreciate it. :cheers: You say it's the 3" and not 3 1/2"?

yoskater said:
Well.. now my video camera is working after a few good bashings...
lol :D

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I drive around with it open 90% of the time. If I ever have to drive more than an hour out of town, I usually cap it up. After awhile the constant droan gets to me, and gives me a headache. This is the second cut-out I have had on the truck. The first one was with a Flow 40 series, and was located directly under the pass. seat. At certain RPMs it would vibrate my interior, and cause rattles. My current set up is with a 14"x6" round magnaflow turned down before the axle. The cut-out dumps out right where the bed and cab meet. If needed, I can go out and take some quick pics. Just lemme know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I purchased one today from Summit. I'm hoping, crossing fingers, that I get it tomorrow since I am not that far from Akron, OH. :rocking:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
sounds like my truck, I have 3 inch exhaust ran from my cat back to a dump and no muffler

·
My truck is SLOW!
509 Posts
otama said:
Well, I purchased one today from Summit. I'm hoping, crossing fingers, that I get it tomorrow since I am not that far from Akron, OH. :rocking:
Did you get an electric cutout? Can a cutout be used with the stock muffler? I would think so since it is being put on before the muffler. Right? :think:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts