GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am just seeing if any one is running exhaust cut outs on there truck. I think it could be kinda cool to do. If any one is, what brand and other info would you say is best/not $500 tho. Thanks

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
cole(bama2door) had a link to some real nice ones for around 300. ill try searchin for it

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
im assuming you are referring to the electric ones? i have the manual ones, sound awesome!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im assuming you are referring to the electric ones? i have the manual ones, sound awesome!
When you say manual do you mean the ones you have to get under there and unbolt them or do you mean the ones you have a cable to poll cause i have seen both... i dont really want to get under there and unbolt it..... but i would run the ones that mr. gaskit makes that has a cable.

·
2 Door Hoes
3,137 Posts
When you say manual do you mean the ones you have to get under there and unbolt them or do you mean the ones you have a cable to poll cause i have seen both... i dont really want to get under there and unbolt it..... but i would run the ones that mr. gaskit makes that has a cable.
Manual-unbolt
Electric-open with switch

http://www.dmhperformance.com/

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
an exhaust cut-out?! i have never heard of such a thing! please describe in further detail this wizardry you call exhaust cut-outs, as i'm sure it has never been discussed on here.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Stay away from QTP. They are pieces of shit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stay away from QTP. They are pieces of shit.
what is QTP?

Also the mr. gasket cut outs are drivin with a cable they say that brazing is required for a leak free seal. Is this a bad product to get.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Quicktime Performance/QTP/QTEC

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just go with DHM e-cutout...most people are running them with no problems and are fairly cheap.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got the mr. gasket cast iron cut-out in last night. i was just looking at it and not sure if i want to run it or not cause it is only 2.5 inches total and i would have to take it down from 3 inch exhaust. Any comments on if i should keep it or send it back.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
got the mr. gasket cast iron cut-out in last night. i was just looking at it and not sure if i want to run it or not cause it is only 2.5 inches total and i would have to take it down from 3 inch exhaust. Any comments on if i should keep it or send it back.
I can't speak from experience with the Mr. Gasket cable cut-out, but I'll predict you'll run into problems/headaches with it... leaking or rattling or something. Not necessarily related to dropping it down to 2.5"... That's what size my cut out is an no problems for me... but I'm just a little skeptical of that cast/cable product.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts