GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright ive got some drop spindles and now that i think about it thats definately not going to be low enough. i dont wanna buy drop springs. but does anyone know how to cut them? my truck already rides like shit so im not going to worry about it riding like crap. let me know guys..

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
if you cut a half of a coil off that is 2 inches...whatever you do dont cut a full coil off if so..then you wont have enough spring to hold the truck up and you'll be riding with about 1/2 clearance for your control arms to move..and any hard bumps you'll feel it and rattle your teeth...

just spend the money on coils it's safer, and a lot better of a ride.
you said your truck rides like ass already..why?

mine with a 2-6 on 265-40-22s rode great...except for your pot holes..but you cant be picky with that.

truckonthewrecker.jpg

truck5.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck1.jpg

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
dude, dont cheap out on coils..they're not that expensive. trust me. i've ridden in some :hack: up JUNK:nono:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm not saying you are wrong because they are all different and that may be what it took for yours.I would start with about 1/2 a coil which will go somewhere near an inch. start slow. if it is the stock coil it shouldn't make it ride any worse.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright ill see what it looks like with just a 2 inch drop first and then ill decide.

and it rides like crap because my shocks are blown..(theyre stock) baha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts