GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building my sister-in-law's truck for her and we decided to go with the edge attitude programmer.....any input on it would be great, pros and cons

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
i like mine a lot...the only negative things about it from my experience is that it doesnt correct the speedo except on the attitude and doesnt adjust the governor

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
the edge juice w/ attitude is a great programmer for the dmaxs. did u get the hot unlock? what motor dmax is this? most will say that anything above level 4 is taking a risk on the tranny. ive got the edge evo and im very happy with it. but might eventually get a juice/att. and stack it with something once i get my tranny built.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
EFIlive :imo you can tune it yourself then. And whoever you buy it from (usually a vendor off of dieselplace.com give you a free tune
That's the tuner of choice over there. I chose the Edge because it's all new to me... I'll probably upgrade to the EFIlive sometime in the future.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have the predator and am upgrading to the ppe hot +2 but need trans upgrades first. oh and any I mean any allison needs a trans go jr at least.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,479 Posts
dont go above level3 with the smoke setting on. You can belive me on this one lol, its not just a silly rumour

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
dont go above level3 with the smoke setting on. You can belive me on this one lol, its not just a silly rumour
:rofl2: :shake:

im still waiting on a tuner for our truck:bawl:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got a predator for mine, i really wanted to go with the edge/attitude because of the display but after reading some of the stories about peoples trucks on dieselplace shutting off while driving i decided to stay away from it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I got a predator for mine, i really wanted to go with the edge/attitude because of the display but after reading some of the stories about peoples trucks on dieselplace shutting off while driving i decided to stay away from it.
just go with the juice..without the attitude. i just bought one and no problems at all. i think its the attitude that does it

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
just go with the juice..without the attitude. i just bought one and no problems at all. i think its the attitude that does it
No its not the Attitude that does it, its the inferior product that Edge makes that fucks shit up.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
oh, me and my buddy tried it in my dads truck and it acted as if the display was doing it..were running just the juice in our truck now also and 0 problems. some units do it and some dont

·
Registered
95 Posts
get the PPE hot+2 and stack it with the Duramaximizer... Get a 5" exhaust and fab an intake.... Just watch the settings...

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,779 Posts
EFI is the only way to go. btw Edge is not a programmer...

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
PPE and EFILive tuning are neck and neck.

Depends if you wanna tune your own truck too. Which is soooooo much fun when you make little adjustments and you can notice the difference. If you don't give a shit about a tune catered for your specific truck and your exact needs and don't feel like learning how to tune, then PPE all the way.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
PPE and EFILive tuning are neck and neck.

Depends if you wanna tune your own truck too. Which is soooooo much fun when you make little adjustments and you can notice the difference. If you don't give a shit about a tune catered for your specific truck and your exact needs and don't feel like learning how to tune, then PPE all the way.
efilive ftw!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts