GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bought another project truck. I believe this is #13? for GMT800's

So I took the plunge and decided in my Quarantine bordem to order up some more parts.

I ordered a JLT Catch Can and a Airraid MIT. Figured why not.

Lastly I need to order up an exhaust that sounds kind of neat but doesn't drove. I had a glass pack tahoe back in HS and it sucked alot. I hated it and have forever sworn off droney exhausts. Idk MBRP, Gibson, Corsa, etc. I'll end up picking one up soon enough.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I did the 6l80e tranmission thermostat flip. Transmission is much cooler. I love this free modification.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Yesterday I disabled the Displacement on Demand or Active Fuel Management.

Is is the best modification for the money. It makes the truck more responsive, the fuel mileage is already increasing and the shifting is just smoother. Its the way the truck was meant to be until the alphabet boys decided that they needed to be "efficient"

I was going to turn the speed limiter off but after seeing the 3in driveshafts exploding at 100+ mph I left that right alone.

I also have noticed that a lot of water/oil in finding its way into the catch can I installed. I am hoping that is much less with the V4 being disabled and that my truck isnt consuming oil LOL.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts