GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought and had a D3 installed in the new daily driver today, and I asked the guys who installed it to bypass the e-brake or whatever it is that disables the unit from playing while the vehicle's moving. Well, he said he grounded the unit, which is what he thought would work (and it comes up with the message when it powers up letting you know it's done like that). The problem is that when I'm driving, another message pops up saying it is unlawful to view the player in the front seat and will not let me watch the DVD. IS there any other way to bypass it other than pushing the e-brake in a little? I know they tapped in my VSS cable for tha nav, so is that what's not letting me view the DVD while the vehicle's moving (the unit sensing the truck moving)?? Any help would be appreciated b/c I want this unit to work like it's not supposed to lol!!

Chris
Acro Texas

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was gonna buy the W205, but I wanted one this weekend and noone in town could get one yet. Thanks for the info guys....I just am leary about doing it myself....don't want to mess it up ya know.

Chris
Acro Texas

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Should have bought an Alpine INA-W205. It bypasses with a PAC TR-7.:guns:
why? For about the same price you get navigation, the ability to color change the buttons and displays, you can upload your own pics fairly easily (without having to upload them and have some guy on some website do it), front input jack for iPod audio/video, high speed connection with audio and video, and you dont need a TR-7 to bypass the video.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
why? For about the same price you get navigation, the ability to color change the buttons and displays, you can upload your own pics fairly easily (without having to upload them and have some guy on some website do it), front input jack for iPod audio/video, high speed connection with audio and video, and you dont need a TR-7 to bypass the video.
W200 still has faster iPod capability.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
yeah but no video through the high speed cable right? Just asking, I dont know

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
yeah but no video through the high speed cable right? Just asking, I dont know
No. But I dont have a single video on my iPod. I have DVD's and burnt DVD's for that. Video quality from the iPod to the Pio was shitty at best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts