·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Silverado 1WT DBL
-4.3 / 6A
-4x4
-Locking Diff.
-Conv. Package (Tinted rear windows, heated miirros, keyless entry, 110v outlet)

Getting prepped
PART_1409857633888_IMG_20140904_150602770_zpsdaf8ed27.jpg

These only lasted 39 mi.
PART_1409859936722_IMG_20140904_152514505_HDR_2_zpsbb75bd86.jpg

2014 18" 265/65 Take-offs were put on
01313_lhdwNY2YFnV_600x450_zps254db757.jpg

Changed the look a lot
KIMG0762_zps253a312c.jpg

KIMG0763_zps150d4f7d.jpg

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
:yaoface2:

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that was why he got the 1wt... cheap and essentially color matched in black

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct. 4.3 285 hp / 305 tq

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
At what RPM?

Edit: 285 @ 5300 & 305 @ 3900

:iranmaybe:

Nah.....

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the fun facts...

...additionally, car and driver claims the new 4.3, on e85, outruns a '07 6.0 vortex max in the 1/4

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
cuz race truck.

Hook em to trailers - do same race

·
Rest in Pieces
2,362 Posts
Bashing 'cause he got the 4.3? Losers.

Dude got a basic work truck. Either pricing was a problem or his dad just isn't a stoplight dragster. Nothing wrong with that.

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Correct Mike... he got the cheapest he could get... he would of got a rcsb, but the incentives on double cabs made this cheaper... he plays with camaros and vettes, no need for a wanna-be fast truck to haul yard supplies in

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Um, Im not bashing - additionally I didn't bring up the 1/4 mile races. OP did.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
New v6 numbers on par with early NBS 4.8/5.3's. impressive

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,395 Posts
The new 4.3s are beasts.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Has same hp/tq as mine :( if I'd ever get a w/t would be black.. already colormatched.. looks good

·
'14 Chevy Silverado Owner
229 Posts
I do like the black grille and headlights. I eventually want the black grille and headlights, but I want them to be black chrome instead of flat black like on the WT.

But about the price, it's not that much cheaper. The same thing in LT Z71 plus more is only about $5K more. I know that's a decent amount so not trying to say it's nothing. Just that for that extra $5K you get a whole hell of a lot more with the LT Z71. When I was looking at the '14s, it was $5K more just for a crew cab short bed over what I got which is the double cab standard bed. That to be wasn't worth it just for a little more leg room for the rear seat, plus if I were to get a crew cab it would have to be with the 6.5' standard bed so that would have been a little more.

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The new 4.3s are beasts.
Has same hp/tq as mine :( if I'd ever get a w/t would be black.. already colormatched.. looks good
Yea. He traded on his '00 5.3. Same numbers. It's funny how far technology has come. My '01 zr2 had 170hp I think from it's 4.3

I do like the black grille and headlights. I eventually want the black grille and headlights, but I want them to be black chrome instead of flat black like on the WT.

But about the price, it's not that much cheaper. The same thing in LT Z71 plus more is only about $5K more. I know that's a decent amount so not trying to say it's nothing. Just that for that extra $5K you get a whole hell of a lot more with the LT Z71. When I was looking at the '14s, it was $5K more just for a crew cab short bed over what I got which is the double cab standard bed. That to be wasn't worth it just for a little more leg room for the rear seat, plus if I were to get a crew cab it would have to be with the 6.5' standard bed so that would have been a little more.
That's why he got black. No 1wt truck looks good in any other color.

He really wanted vinyl seats and crank windows too. Cloth and power windows are standard now in double cabs. He appreciates simplicity. Especially since his '00 went through 5 electric window regulators. The only must have for him was a locking diff. He was going to get a 2wd rcsb but the incentives on the 4x4 double cabs made their payments cheaper

·
'14 Chevy Silverado Owner
229 Posts
That's why he got black. No 1wt truck looks good in any other color.

He really wanted vinyl seats and crank windows too. Cloth and power windows are standard now in double cabs. He appreciates simplicity. Especially since his '00 went through 5 electric window regulators. The only must have for him was a locking diff. He was going to get a 2wd rcsb but the incentives on the 4x4 double cabs made their payments cheaper
I figured it was probably someone that likes simple. I do like the all black dash though. My first truck/vehicle was the simplest you could get. 86 Custom Deluxe 2wd, reg cab, long bed, 305 V8, manual granny gear trans, manual door locks and windows and didn't even come with A/C. Then I went to a 98 Silverado Z71 Ext cab with a 350. Then the '14 I have now. I seem to make big jumps when I get a new(er) truck lol. I'm glad I have a solid rear window because as far as I've seen the last few years the rear sliding window was power instead of manual and I don't like that. I love all of the tech and stuff I can do in there. I do have a feeling I will regret that in a few years lol. I also still got cloth seats, never cared for leather in anything, which also means there wasn't any need for heated and cooled seats. I just wish my truck came with Bose, but it still sounds good. I also wish it came with factory nav but I wouldn't really use it much and I'm fine with using my phone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts