GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you bag guys drive your truck on a daily basis? I'm trying to decide between bags and a static drop, but my truck must be daily and must be reliable. So, do any of you drive your bagged trucks daily? Are there any issues with doing so? advice?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I drive mine daily and have had no issues! Just make sure it is bagged properly, and that you take no shortcuts. In other words, don't do a two link or a reverse triangulated 4 link and make sure to have good welds! A properly enginered suspension will ride better than stock! I recomend hard pipeing the air lines. It is alot more durable than the dot line.

Trey

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
reverse four link.... :nono:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Most 18 wheelers and trucks of similar size ride on air bag suspensions. They drive those every day, all day with very few problems. Goes to show :imo that a properly designed setup will be just fine.

on the other hand,

its alot harder to jump curbs when you can't get it up high enough :D

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Beyond Static said:
me and my dad drive bagged trucks with FBSS daily.
You're the only person who gets to say that. :D

Mine's been a daily for well over a year, only problem has been a couple thrown compressor belts, which take 15 minutes to fix. :D

Like everyone else said, it's all in the install.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
daily driven... hell i delievered pizzas in my truck... And i like to play with it. Its all in the install :read:

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I've had mine for a year and a half and very minor problems. Agree that it's all in the install.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
grounded said:
Daily here to. If you can't drive it why build it? :D
:word: if you want art, go put it on ur coffee table... keep it out of the garage

·
Registered
559 Posts
i drive my shit 30 min to and from school everyday, and im more worried about someone fucking up my newly shaved rearend than having a problem with my air ride

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah same here with my molded roll pan, I was rear ended once before I got it, and now im skurred cuz I dont even have a rearveiw...it broke off cuz of the bass

but seriously, if you got a good setup then you will be fine. Trailor and garage whores suck...

·
My hero vvvvv
1,958 Posts
daily driven on a 2 link, once you get the pinion angle set right it's not a problem, even with 12 inches of travel/lift

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drive my bagged Blazer daily in the summer. The only time it has ever left me stranded was right after I got my new exhaust they layed one of my air lines on the new exhaust and it melted. Driving it in the winter is out of the question, since my valves freeze.

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
frozen valves? I'd never thought of that. That could put baggin out of the question for me, I have to drive my truck daily year round...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts