GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the blue my brake light and abs light came on after the truck was sitting for a day. I check fluids and they are good. I turn the truck back on again and the lights were gone. Anyone ever had this problem before? I have a 99 chevy 1500. Just want to get an idea of what is goin to go out and how much its goin to cost.

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Well if the lights are gone its kinda hard to diagnose whats going on. Is it braking normally?

·
Registered
9 Posts
dont no about a 99 but my 05 did same thing abs light would come on then go off randomly turned out the sensor in hub was picking up the bearing was going out making it throw a code

·
Registered
148 Posts
WOW, Crewof05 is probably right.

pgemme, correct me if im wrong but my old sensor wire was rubbing against something and eventually it wore a hole. If its starting to wear it could be grounding out off and on? That would be a simple eye ball check before you go further?!

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Well any wire that rubs a hole will eventully ground out. Yeah you can check the wires and make sure there are no holes, but usually with ABS once that wire is grounds it fries it. It doesnt take much with those dinky sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts