GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheels had some water spots on them, so I was planning on cleaning them with some chrome cleaner ... so I got some Never Dull wadding, always had good luck with wadding cleaners ... so I decide to try out a small spot to see how they will look. It shined them up, BUT there are some small scratches on them now, real fine ones .. I must have got some grit on my polishing cloth (the wheels were clean) .. my wheels are chrome, not billet so I'm screwed now aren't I? Most people would never see them, but I know they are there .. I only did a 1/4 of one wheel and it's not all over that part. You only can really see them when a shadow is cast on the wheel ... also noticed some nicks in the wheels, I guess from rocks, etc ... they are only 4 or 5 months old ..... oh well, I thought chrome would be low maintenance, etc ... but now maybe I should have went billet :bawl:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotta(be)low said:
Have you tried a lust pad on them? Might take them out for you.
No, I'm almost afraid to try anything else ... it's like would I have rather had water spots or scratches? ... I probably could have gotten the water spots out with some wax .. oh well, you live you learn.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Badassilverado said:
How fine are the scratches? Like swirls on paint? In the right light I can see swirls on my Centerlines (also chrome.) I'm thinking they may have come from the factory that way b/c I've never polished them in that direction and always used products specifically designed for chrome. Doesn't bother me though b/c they are VERY hard to notice.
They real small, but they werent there before .. in direct sunlight you'll never be able to see them ... they're wheels, and eventually they will get more scratches, they still look damn good I'm just being picky cause they are my first high dollar wheels :crazy:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
O well... time to sell them and get some 22's... j/k

that sucks man, there must be a way to get them off the surface, unless you really rubbed that stuff in there

·
Registered
144 Posts
My wheels aren't chrome, I believe theyre alloy, ie. "eagle alloy's" - but I have 'swirl marks' all over them - seems like they were like that when I got them, and I guess I've never really cared all that much because you can only see them in direct sunlight like swirls in clearcoat (which is one of my pet peives but on the wheels it doesn't really bother me too much for some reason - I dont think anyone will ever notice)

I've heard Zoop seal is good stuff, supposed to coat them and last a while, haven't looked into it yet though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts