GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if anybody has read my thread in the maintainence section you know about my ball joint disaster. After I finished that job, I put in my RC leveling kit. It didnt take too long and was a very straightforward job with no problems.

Anyhow, the truck was obviously knocked out of alignment. I took it to a shop my family and I have trusted for a long time. Over the years we have probably bought 20 sets of tires from them and had lots of alignments and other shit taken care of by them. So, I took the truck in for an alignment on Wednesday and told them everything that had been done. First, the man wants to charge $80 for an alignment and then procedes to tell me that my truck cannont be aligned because of the leveling kit. He then says that my truck is "too dangerous" to drive on the road and it needs wider tires. He then says that he will definetly align it after I buy a new, bigger set of tires, from him of course.

Needles to say, he has lost my business. I got the truck aligned yesterday for $50 and it drives like new. I'll post some pics as soon as I get off work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts