GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my truck today and one of my parking lamps didn't seal all the way up. I noticed a few little drops of water on the inside. What is the best way to correct this problem? I was just thinking about taking the bad lamp apart again, resealing it, and running an extra bead of silicone around the outside of it, and all the others. Though they seem to be fine. The lamp that didn't seal is the first one I did so that may explain the problem.

Does this sound like a reasonable solution for the situation?

·
Registered
46 Posts
just make sure whatever you use won't melt from the heat - depending on location, etc.

chevy had problems in '2002-2003 with their fog lamps. the didn't seal correctly from the factory and condensation would build up. we could either bring it back to get replaced under warranty with a redesigned model, upgrade the bulbs to a higher wattage to burn off the condensation or reseal them with clear automotive silicone.

good luck!

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t think it will melt, it says the temp range is -60-450 degrees Fahrenheit, if its 450 degrees outside my parking lamps will be the least of my concerns!

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, I just went out to my garage to see if any of the water had evaporated out of the lamp and its all foggy now. :uhoh: :banghead: :stupidme: :suicide: :doh: :imo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts