GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally did a sas with a ford Dana 60 and so far so good but no quite sure where to mount my shocks. We left the factory shock mount but not sure if it'll be used as the new axle sits a bit more forward. Basically just wondering how you guys decided where to mount up your shocks. Any ideas and pics would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
4,725 Posts
Cheapest option is generic ford towers( singles).
You can also shop for hoops from any sas bracet maker like wfo concepts, ord, etc if you want multiple.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I cut everything off my frame, plated it smooth and welded some Ford towers to the frame. I think they are '95 F250 mounts, I'm not real sure anymore; the part number is somewhere in my build thread.

DSCN2016.jpg

·
Registered
876 Posts
I feel like you should have had that figured out before doing a sas.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i wasnt sure if i should keep em at an angle like the factory bracket was or just cut everything off and make em straight. Ya know billy... I feel like I love it when people haveta make smart ass remarks when someone has a general question, either gimme some help or move on, not impressing anyone but yourself with that one bud. Yea I'm a dumb ass and dunno what I'm doing but my sincere apologies for asking what must be an obviously stupid question.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah it actually is a stupidly obvious question if you spent even half an hour reading up on solid axle swaps. Or did you just "slap it in there"? You didn't have a game plan before you swapped it in? It's just an after thought? Hope someone helps you.

Enough bickering.. I would like to see pictures of it when it's completed though.:crazy:

JamesDuff and BKG (Bloody knuckle Garage) make nice hoops..

·
Registered
826 Posts
Getting butthurt from someones negative comment never blows over well on this forum lol. good luck with your search. in for the pictures

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Ok i wasnt sure if i should keep em at an angle like the factory bracket was or just cut everything off and make em straight. Ya know billy... I feel like I love it when people haveta make smart ass remarks when someone has a general question, either gimme some help or move on, not impressing anyone but yourself with that one bud. Yea I'm a dumb ass and dunno what I'm doing but my sincere apologies for asking what must be an obviously stupid question.
Something as involved as a straight axle swap necessitates having everything planned, even shock placement. Billy was right.

Did you make your brackets or buy a kit?

Post pics.

·
4,725 Posts
I feel like you should have had that figured out before doing a sas.
Did you have your shock mounts figured out before you did a sas?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Did you have your shock mounts figured out before you did a sas?
If I were to do a sas, yes they would have been figured out before hand.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts

·
4,725 Posts
If I were to do a sas, yes they would have been figured out before hand.
Oh ok, so you've only installed or paid to install ifs lift kits?

I've only done two SAS'... And i find no foul in a build done progressively. Why buy shock towers if you dont even know your wheelbase in a custom build? The towers may not align with the axle. The man may not know his ride height. Seems to me like he is just being money smart or building as budget allows. The exception is when someone just throws a lot of money at a complete "system" like XXX, wfo, oru(aholes), ord, etc.
Seeing as he is running a d60, his judgement and planning cant be that bad.

·
STOCK TRUCK
1,324 Posts
Post some pics man.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I'll try and get some pics up later when I get home, yea I didn't plan for them because like dirtyblack said I wasn't sure how much lift I was gonna have and it sits a lot more forward than I was anticipating.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
NICE shocks!

I think there is ONE left in the building. :insane2: those things were cool for the $$$
I have a total of four, two on this truck and two sitting in my shop now that I'm not running shocks at the moment on my S10. It's a shame I don't drive the truck much anymore. The shocks were such the conversation starter.
:big_banana_Dance:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts