GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a black vette driving down the street last night but with just the amber drls on... i must have... where can i get a ncie colored amber light... any pics? thanks guys...

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have sylvania 3157's I think....they are really dark orange....darker and more intense than most. I love 'em. They are very very noticeable on the road. I've seen others in chevy's but my wife was driving and i was in front in her car and i could see her 3/4 of a mile back.

You can pick them up at autozone for pretty cheap. :read:

I'll try and post pics tonight...it'll be daker than normal because i'm waiting on my digicam from someone, but i installed this switch so i can still take pics.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/fscu/shawn.shtml

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Yeah autozone has the 3157NA (which is the same bulb as your park lights) and the Silverstar 3157NA (which is an amber bulb that is clear when it is not on). I just found out tonight that Wal*Mart has some dark amber bulbs for cheap.

02Silverado said:
I like them on certain color trucks. I dont like them on red trucks so I have white ones. On black I would go orange but I like the bulbs you can get from Walmart. They are a very very dark orange and stick out big time. They are made by Phillips and look awesome on black trucks.
I'll check it out this weekend...and let you know what they look like (if I buy them).

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops... i shoulda done a search, sorry... those look sweet... i thought the DRL's used 4157k? maybe im mistaken, im in a 03... im a nub..

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
brock said:
oops... i shoulda done a search, sorry... those look sweet... i thought the DRL's used 4157k? maybe im mistaken, im in a 03... im a nub..
No, you're right. The DRLs are 4157, but as far as I know you can't buy a 4157 amber bulb. I can't even find a place that sells a 4157 stock bulb. But the 3157s work in the same slot.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
those are sweet, but i think i wanna go deeper orange... ps, nice 03, or 04, not sure... :rocking:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I know in my dads truck they look really dark amber...and almost all the pics ive seen, they never show up as dark as they really are...and the couple others trucks around here that copied my dads truck have dark ambers...i think its just in pics that they look that light...

·
Registered
930 Posts
RedneckDude said:
I know in my dads truck they look really dark amber...and almost all the pics ive seen, they never show up as dark as they really are...and the couple others trucks around here that copied my dads truck have dark ambers...i think its just in pics that they look that light...
i didnt copy anyone

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
yeah, it was funny tho...no one for years had them...then within a month of me doin it to my dads truck, i see like 3 other trucks with them...no one has originality around here...and some of the customized trucks are just a joke...everyone and their mom has a lowered s-10...and theres so many bagged ones that don't lay frame at all...they barely look lowered when laid out...but they got bags, so they are badass, right????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts