GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
shit looks clean man im still in the process of doing mine right now. how in the hell did u get that damn tan vinyl paint off tho i got a good bit of it off but its damn agravatin as hell. im doin everything bag bezle glove box and all

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That looks sweet I agree glass them and paint them up.

What was yoru process to get that look? I'm about to do my interior. Did you just sand it all primer, paint, clear with lots of sanding?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Took The Whole Dash Out Put The Upper And Lower In The Paint Booth On Bake Cycle To Get The Mold Relase Out Then Wiped With Grease And Wax Remover..i Sanded The Shit Out Of It With 80 Grit With A Da Sander Till That Vynal Crap Was Off..i Did The Same With The Curves And Edges By Hand.i Primerd Overthe 80 To See Where I Was At As Far As The Texture. Then 150 Grit Sanded With Da And Edges By Hand Again..did This Step Twice.next I Guide Coated All The Dash And Blocked It With 320 Dry Til It Was Smooth The Shot The Top 50th Anerversy Gm Corvette Red And The Bottom Black... Its A Bitch To Sand The Edges By Hand...

·
OG
1,498 Posts
I Took The Whole Dash Out Put The Upper And Lower In The Paint Booth On Bake Cycle To Get The Mold Relase Out Then Wiped With Grease And Wax Remover..i Sanded The Shit Out Of It With 80 Grit With A Da Sander Till That Vynal Crap Was Off..i Did The Same With The Curves And Edges By Hand.i Primerd Overthe 80 To See Where I Was At As Far As The Texture. Then 150 Grit Sanded With Da And Edges By Hand Again..did This Step Twice.next I Guide Coated All The Dash And Blocked It With 320 Dry Til It Was Smooth The Shot The Top 50th Anerversy Gm Corvette Red And The Bottom Black... Its A Bitch To Sand The Edges By Hand...
:LOL: Frank, I hear you loud and clear on that one.
It took me about 2 months to get my dash done. Grant it at the time I didn't have a DA sander (which I do now). I must have put over a couple hundred hours of sanding into the dash alone.

Yours looks great! I really like how it came out.

Did you colorsand it?

Here's mine: http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77339&highlight=finished+painted+interior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts