GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spliced the wires to the power door lock on the drivers side, but spliced them back together later on and none of the lights on the dash (Speedometer, A/C Controls, Headlight Switch, etc) will come on when I turn my headlights on. The only thing that does light up is the Airbag light and Cd Player. I checked all the fuses on the side of the dash and they're fine so anyone got any ideas of what else it could be?

·
Registered
397 Posts
way2hi said:
I spliced the wires to the power door lock on the drivers side, but spliced them back together later on and none of the lights on the dash (Speedometer, A/C Controls, Headlight Switch, etc) will come on when I turn my headlights on. The only thing that does light up is the Airbag light and Cd Player. I checked all the fuses on the side of the dash and they're fine so anyone got any ideas of what else it could be?
You need a new engine....

lol j/k....maybe a fuse or something that blew.

·
Registered
177 Posts
nah, samething happened to me when I was wiring my leds....its your headlight switch you burned out....I took my truck in and the dealer replaced it, so if your still under waranty take it in, if not you need to buy a new headlight switch :read:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you're sure that's what it is? Couldn't be anything else, because the headlights still come on when I turn the switch.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
check the grey wire coming out of the dimmer switch to make sure it has 12v+ when the parking lights are on. If not you need a new switch or to resplice some wires. Also check the brown wire going into the switch for 12v+ when the lights are on

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I checked the wires and they have power to them when the lights are on. I took the headlight switch apart and the light in it works, because I hooked it into a 9v battery. Still think it's the headlight switch?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed tonight that my tailights won't come on when I turn the headlights on. Is this to do with the headlight switch or something else?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts