GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Prolly wouldn't be that hard to tape off and paint. If I can just get this damn carbon fiber stuff off my dash! It's on there good!

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
That looks pretty cool. I painted everything on my dash so i wouldn't have to mess with taping it off. A 3m 'fine line' tape might do the trick. If paint seeps under the tape while you are painting you are basically screwed though. I've noticed normal masking tape is horrible about letting paint get under the tape line. Use a tape meant for two-toning and you should be ok. Good luck with it, if you mess up sand it all and do the whole bezel :evillol:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm prolly just going to buy another dash bezel and work with that cause this carbon fiber is a pain to get off! Better to just replace the whole dash bezel. Anybody know the part # for the 03 dash? I found one on E-bay but I haven't ordered it yet and I may need a spare!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Badassilverado said:
Yeah, probably just taped it off. That's exactly what I want to do with my dash but am worried about messing it up. Really all of those parts are easy w/ the exception of the dash bezel. The parts painted on that one don't even need to be sanded, they are already pretty smooth.
Yeah they're already smooth out out pretty much. It shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of paint should I use though? Rattle can wouldn't work huh? I'm not that good at painting!!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shouldn't the part number be on the back of my dash bezel? Cause I know I'll have to order another one if I screw up!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i just got an awesome idea.... it shall come true after i get all my exterior stuff done :anitoof:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts