GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scenario...I'm getting rather tired of my colormatched white dash trim, door trim, and overhead consoles in my truck and I would really like to wrap them in a faux suade and have the rest of my dash and doors done in the same two tone colored material. Searched through this site and a few others over the internet and I've found a few tweed jobs on late 80's-early 90's GM's and that's about it, definately not what I'm looking for.

Is there anywhere I can look, any specialty shop's website that would have anything even relatively close to what I'm imagining, or do any of you guys have photos on your comps? I'd appreciate it, I've gone around to a few auto upholstery shops around here and they claim they won't do custom work as such.

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes i know what you mean...custom upholstered dash looks clean but you will have to worry about it fading if it sits in the sun...which can be a bit of a problem.. If you know anything about upholstery and know how to take your dash apart you should be able to do it yourself...I mean the edges may not be very clean where the upholstered suede or vinyl is tucked but this shouldnt matter since it would be underneath the dash anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts