GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knnow or had the problem on the NBS of a plastic rattle noise out of the dash near the steering column? I can not locate it, I thought it was the brake release, but thats not it.
Any thoughts where to look and how to fix it? Thanks

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Just turn up the radio...if you can't hear it, it won't bother you...but for a more perminant fix, I dunno what to tell you. Its a truck, stuff is gonna shift some over time...and almost no matter what, something will rattle at some point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have this largly to the fact of my mb quart dash speakers but if you turn it up with your subs everything will rattle anyways =x so i guess i just learned to live with it

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Team Hits said:
i have this largly to the fact of my mb quart dash speakers but if you turn it up with your subs everything will rattle anyways =x so i guess i just learned to live with it
i've got subs... and no rattles. I just hit everything with dynamatt extreme. Its just god like.

OH btw, i wouldn't use the other cheap stuff and just put like 4 layers on, b/c ur door panels and watnot will fit all funny, and its like four times as much work for saving like 40 bucks. You can get a dynamat bulk kit for around 130 online. Thats 36sq feet. Thats enough to do all the doors on a tahoe, and still have some left over.

D

·
0 Posts
I had an annoying rattle, I thought it was coming from the front somewhere, but it turns out, its the back plastic cover in back of my seats. Needless to say, I took that cover off and it doesnt rattle anymore.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I haven't heard any rattles on the inside of my truck. If there is, my subs cover up the noise. Dynamat helps a lot too. Even if you don't have a system, it can cut down on wind noise.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, its amazing what Dynamat can do. Ive heard of some people using enough of it to make it quiter than some of the really high end luxury cars.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yea, you can't hear shit from outside my truck... My personal favorite is when fire trucks pass me with their sirens on, and i can't hear them until there rite on top of me. I usually roll with my windows down, so that doesn't happen to much :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
yeah i have a rattle too and i tried the hitting the dash thing and it didnt work....i tried turning the radio up, worked for a bit but everytime song changes or i was flipping stations it was there....so i made my exhaust much louder....lol.....just roll the windows down and thats all ya hear

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i've got subs... and no rattles. I just hit everything with dynamatt extreme. Its just god like.

OH btw, i wouldn't use the other cheap stuff and just put like 4 layers on, b/c ur door panels and watnot will fit all funny, and its like four times as much work for saving like 40 bucks. You can get a dynamat bulk kit for around 130 online. Thats 36sq feet. Thats enough to do all the doors on a tahoe, and still have some left over.
what about this "brown bread" stuff i've been reading about? Do you know anything about it?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i wouldn't use it... everyone that uses it puts like 4 layers on their trucks. My door panels fit kidnfo snuggly with only 2 layers of dynamatt extreme. I can only image what 4 layers would do. But for a minor rattle, i guess it would be fine. I'm talking mostly about cars with big systems.

·
Team white
197 Posts
I;ve read on other post and other sites, about rattles in the dash simular to yours,(and Mine) It was the temp acuator door, only does it with the temp on cool, stops on hot,........maybe this is it...maybe not!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts