GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
In the technical articles, on this site, it shows you how. Cost is about $4 and 20 minutes of your time. Did it to my '01 and it was great. Won't do it to my '06 because I'm a chickenshit. :pow:

·
Deep South
1,313 Posts
All I did was open up the underhood fuse box and flip it over. There is a yellow wire for the headlights that you splice into and ground. It works because the low beams loose their ground when the high beams get cut on, but since you permanantly grounded them, they stay on.

·
Deep South
1,313 Posts
Ok, I finally found it on FSC.

1) Open hood

2) Remove brace from firewall to Driver's side fender.

3) remove top of Circuit panel

4) unhook the snaps from the passenger and drivers side of the cover...look hard they are there!

5) Roll entire circuit board over towards the passenger side.

6) Locate the Grey connector...there is only one.

7) at location D3 (3rd down 4th to the right) is a light gauge yellow wire. It is the only yellow wire in this row.

8) Tap this wire and ground it to the Light ground on the firewall. Follow the lead from the Hood mounted light, and you will find it ...just to the left (YOUR OTHER LEFT!!!) of the Master Cylinder.

9) Put your stuff back together...you are done...arent you glad you kept that cover?

Enjoy your new quad headlights!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Yeah, there's a lot of write ups on the fuse box and under the dash hook up, with the diodes. The relay on worked great for me though. Even though I still can't get into the tech articles.:flame:

·
CC With 5.5/9 drop
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks guys. i really appericiate it.
that kit sounds a lot easier though. id rather spend a bit more and do that.
could i do the low to hi kit. then use a second kit to go from the lo beam to drls? that way my drls will always be on

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I just don't trust the DRLs to be on so much. Due to the bulb they use, I just don't like the way they turn after being on for such extend periods. I think you'll be happy with the hi/lo and leaving the drls alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts