GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
a lot of people, myself included, love 3m eraser wheels.

Helps keep your thumbs in one peace & makes getting rid of the gunk behind easy to do.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
YouTube or google "debadging".
You will find better shit. YouTube has so many videos of ppl debadging andthe supplies they use....
I used a hairdryer, floss/fishing line/ goo gone...really simple....
Just time consuming and the hairdryer gets hott as fuck......

·
Registered
126 Posts
Careful with the heat gun and goo gone, if you spray the goo gone after you heated the body it will discolor your paint. Trust me it happened to me on my old truck.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Careful with the heat gun and goo gone, if you spray the goo gone after you heated the body it will discolor your paint. Trust me it happened to me on my old truck.
Or if you spray the goo gone and then use the heat gun the same thing will happen. It will buff out tho.

·
Registered
143 Posts
just be easy with the wheel it can burn the clear coat....some people get frustrated taking that gum off then start grindin to make up time....
I think that is what I did because when I was done I had a little haze. If I wet it, it clears but then hazes again. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks!

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
I think I used two cans of goof off on my old truck. My thumbs hurt forever after that too. Luckily this truck has nice trim that I kind of like.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts