GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can understand the silver molding like on the door but why would you spend $30,000/$40,000+ on a truck to rip all the logos off? I see in a lot of threads a user says they need to de-badge...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Because it makes the truck look so much cleaner without them :read:

I didn't pay all that money just to have GM advertising real estate on the sides and tailgate.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,711 Posts
More areas to clean around. Because now a days manufactures feel the need to put 742 badges on trucks. Honestly I don't care to know what engine transmission and model each truck is. It does not need to put on the side of your truck

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
I can understand the silver molding like on the door but why would you spend $30,000/$40,000+ on a truck to rip all the logos off? I see in a lot of threads a user says they need to de-badge...
cuz your not spending 30000/40000+ for logos, your spending it on a vehicle that does what you want it to do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had my truck for quite some time before I de-badged and de-molded, and I have to say I wish I had done it sooner. It makes the truck sides and tailgate look so much cleaner. Before I did it I was like you and wondering what the big deal was, but after I did it it made sense.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see. The only logo that bothers me is the huge one on the tailgate. The front grille doesn't bother me and it only says silverado on the sides of my truck. The door molding is painted the same color though.

·
6,529 Posts
I see. The only logo that bothers me is the huge one on the tailgate. The front grille doesn't bother me and it only says silverado on the sides of my truck. The door molding is painted the same color though.
were not saying anything about the grill, they are only ever debadged when people buy billet. we do suggest colormatching your GMC or bowtie. makes it cleaner looking

like this

5351070210_41868e161f_b.jpg

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Usually no one debages the grille....

I despise the Silverado on the side, it makes it so much harder to wash/wax as well. The huge bowtie on the rear is obnoxious. The door molding on the newer trucks isn't as obtrusive as the black molding on the older models though. If I parked near alot of bad drivers, I might would leave the colormatched molding on, but I had to get rid of my black molding.

we do suggest colormatching your GMC or bowtie. makes it cleaner looking

like this

5351070210_41868e161f_b.jpg
:imo

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah I was on the fence about this too, just debadged my tailgate and will be doing the doors soon too. So much cleaner.

·
M.I.L.F HUNTER
737 Posts
i have been throwing around the idea too..prob will like it if i just do it.. too lazy..lol

·
Hell on Wheels
305 Posts
Did my tailgate the other day and it looks so much better. Havent done the doors because im to lazy. I cant agree more on the bowtie on the back looking retarded

·
Registered
413 Posts
Did my tailgate the other day and it looks so much better. Havent done the doors because im to lazy. I cant agree more on the bowtie on the back looking retarded
Yeah after I removed the letters on the tailgate it made the bowtie stick out way more. Looked completely out of place.

·
M.I.L.F HUNTER
737 Posts
i know there are other threads on this but just pull um off and use goo b gone or something? i dont have a 3m wheel for the glue removal

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
i know there are other threads on this but just pull um off and use goo b gone or something? i dont have a 3m wheel for the glue removal
If just emblems, goo gone, or better yet 3M adhesive remover will work. But for molding, you are realllllly gonna want a 3M eraser wheel.

·
M.I.L.F HUNTER
737 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5saNP7cdFck[/ame]

·
6,529 Posts
If just emblems, goo gone, or better yet 3M adhesive remover will work. But for molding, you are realllllly gonna want a 3M eraser wheel.
agreed. i bought a 3m eraser wheel, and i love it, plus i earn money back from a few friends wanted to debadge during a detail

·
M.I.L.F HUNTER
737 Posts
molding?? i dont think is looks too bad but prob will pull the emblems

110519_131612.gif

·
Hell on Wheels
305 Posts
The right term is 3M Stripe-Off wheel. I searched for hours until i figured out the right name of it. The stupid guy at the auto parts store had no clue what i was talking about.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ive debadged everything so far (leaving the grill) except the thin 4x4 stickers on the rear sides of the bed. i used goo gone for the raised logos but how do i get these thin decals off?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts