GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My t-bird has been sitting for a few months and the battery was dead, the battery is only a few months old. I jump started the car and let it run for a little while, and as soon as I shut the car off it was fully dead again! The battery is a interstate! Is there a way to save that battery or is it DEAD!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
time to go get it prorated. interstate sucks with warrenties...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Letting the battery idle for a few minutes is no where near enough charging to bring a battery back. Jump it off and get it on the highway for 20-30 min. Keep the revs up.

One problem with that, The transmission is bad. I was just jump starting the car because it needs to be able to get up on a transport truck cause the car is getting shipped overseas!

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you could try a battery charger/ conditioner. It would tell you if it was still good or not

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
One problem with that, The transmission is bad. I was just jump starting the car because it needs to be able to get up on a transport truck cause the car is getting shipped overseas!
Overseas?? You didn't sell it to a guy for his "client" for a cashiers check, and a private shipper is coming to pick it up.... did you?

:roflmao:

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
After sitting for about 3 months, my SHO's battery was DEAD. I slow charged it overnight, and it's working like a champ again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts