GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hog Rider 2
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck to get a trim piece for the back seat replaced, and a free oil change for purchasing a new vehicle. Truck was spotless when I got there.
When they brought it around for me to pick up, they had "washed" it! Don't know if they hand did it or just sprayed it down, but luckly they didn't dry it.
I' ll remeber to tell them not to wash it next time. Just a heads up for anyone getting work done!

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Yeah one wash at the dealership is going to kill your truck. Next time when its caked with road salt, make sure to tell them not to wash it.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i always tell them not to wash it, didn't even let the LExus dealer wash the Is 300 when I brought it in for service.

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
yeah i always tel them not to wash it. its usually just some bullshit carwash both that sucks anyway. and u know they have the mechanics dry it if they dry it at all

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
they use soft water so no need for drying at least not at my local dealer

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
i always tell them not to wash it, didn't even let the LExus dealer wash the Is 300 when I brought it in for service.
im the one that will drive the cars into the line to get washed!
as well as drive the roadside.

Im taking a camera to work this summer to get some good pics of intersting situations

·
1,847 Posts
That happened to me. I took my truck and washed it myself then ran it up to the dealership for some work. I was walking out of the waiting area as they started driving my truck through the horrid "car wash" they have. Needless to say they didnt even dry it and my truck looked like shit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts