GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
my buddy just got some and they ride like shit IMO not sure what everyone else thinks tho

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
you just reposted a repost. lol

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
if you had the right springs on your truck they probably wouldnt have sucked.

2500hd springs on a 1500 = :ninja:
1500 springs on a 1500 = :worship:
And shackle flip w/ stock leafs = :boobs:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
joer, what is the lift height or brand of your front suspension? and jameson where can i get the shackle flip? i looked at bajadesign's shackle flip but they said they only make it for the 2500hd?

Cale

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
joer, what is the lift height or brand of your front suspension? and jameson where can i get the shackle flip? i looked at bajadesign's shackle flip but they said they only make it for the 2500hd?

Cale
You can use it for a 2500hd...that's what I did...then used the McG 2" lowering shackle and stock springs and aal. Worked out tits, but gives you some shitty angles and looks like a jungle gym.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Shackle flips look retarded. :imo

I'd never do one, I'd just get the deavers.
:word: ive never really been a fan of huge shackle flips. i like the looks of full lift springs in the rear
yeah because they are so visible. Maybe when you add a long ass shackle. But you cant really see mine, and it has a BL.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I've heard great things about Deaver. They use a lot of thin, low-arched leafs which improves ride quality and increases travel. I think their lifted spring packs have 8 or 9 leafs, compared to 3 leafs on stock springs or 5 leafs on most U-shaped lifted springs.

But, any leaf spring over 4-6" in extra lift is going to start to ride like crap. You'll be lucky if they ride like stock. The max I'd go on a leaf spring is 4" over stock. Fill in the rest with a small block or a shackle flip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts