GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
This is to judge intrest in a Deaver Spring group purchase. If you didnt already know deaver springs are very well built, smooth riding leaf springs. They custom make springs to ANY size you want as well as have some pre-set, cheaper sizes. I talked to them and they said they would do a GP if we could get 10 people in on it, and would offer at least 15% off. There is no time limit on when we have to have this done by, so see if you all cant get people to get in on this!

Normal Prices:
NBS rear 4", 6" and OBS rear 4" = $595.
NBS 8" = $700
Custom height pack = $750

Discount Prices:
NBS rear 4", 6" and OBS rear 4" = $450ish
All the rest at least 15% off, he said call back when I was for sure for more details.

Anyone intrested at all? These are maybe the best built springs on the market today!

Possibly intrested
Dark Eternal
elegalR1der
tphillip23
Eisenfaust
96chevysfa
SkyRider469
01Z71GMC
Black4x4

·
[>
3,255 Posts
How do the Deaver springs compare to other aftermarked 6" springs?
I mean how do they compare to the Superlift or other springs as far as ride quality, towing etc..
Will they hold up allot better hauling or towing without squatting?
And I guess they ride allot better than other's right? (seems like everybody wants deavers)

MIGHT be interested when the time comes

BD

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I have heard they are just about the best riding spring you can get. As far as towing im not real sure, see if y2kboti chimes in, I think hes got a set.

·
Registered
20 Posts
maybe we need to put a thread in the offroad forum. sometimes i dont have time to check the new threads so i just go there. i almost missed out on nelson's gp because of this.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Few things about ride and towing...

When you order the springs you tell them your application. For front springs they can build them nice and soft and flexy. But in the rear, they can build them soft and flexy but if you tow or put a person in the bed it will squat way down. So when you order them you tell them what you do and they will design the pack for that. If you tow alot and have a pack built for that, it will be stiff and bouncy when unloaded but will ride nice when loaded.

I like Alcan better :)

·
Banned
487 Posts
Im interested. I'd like some 8 inch rear springs for my '76 blazer. all i seen you had was OBS and NBS. ?

If im reading right, they want $750 for custom springs, if their that expensive forget it.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I would love to get in on that...but with my current job, theres no way i could afford it rt now...maybe in a few months tho, if i get a real job...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been considering putting in some 3/4 ton leafs in the rear as I am fairly sure they will fit. Do they make a 3/4 ton spring in 6"?

·
Registered
832 Posts
hmmm depending on when this goes down i may be interested. if we get this GP i can get front and rear springs for 900 right? if so and the time is right i will be interested.

edit: this can be for 8" springs right?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pickupman said:
I have been considering putting in some 3/4 ton leafs in the rear as I am fairly sure they will fit. Do they make a 3/4 ton spring in 6"?
They can make them however you want as far as I know.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts