GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like your opinion on where to go with my truck. Should I debadge? Everything? Pillar? 4x4? Tailgate? I'm also considering 3 different wheels. There are very few lifted trucks where I live, so I don't care how played out a particular wheel is. I'm also not the kind that has to be on the cutting edge. I simply want the wheels that best creates the look that I want. First of all, I'm going with Dick Cepek F-C II 305/70-16 tires. White letters in or out? I want the tires all the way to the edge of the fender. Will a 16x8 do that? My wheel choices are Maxx 6, MM 951, or MM 955. Again, I don't care how "played out" they are. I don't see many of any of these. Thanks for your input.

I've removed the bug guard and installed clear corners since this pic.

Are there bolt holes under the black tailgate protector?

No bug Guard and new clear corners.

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Debadge everything. Looks so much cleaner. As for wheels, i'm not familiar with those kind of wheels since my truck isn't lifted. I'm sure someone will chime in and help you out some more though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
id say go with the 955s with the white letters in. nice lookin truck you got. just curious, how much hp to the rear wheels you puttin out?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to know what kind of HP I'm putting out. Right now I'm waiting on my PCM to come back from W4M, correcting it for my new gears and stall. Got any idea what it would be?

Anymore input on wheels?

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Id say debadge everything and colormatch everything. I just finished doing both on my truck and think it makes the truck look sooo much cleaner. I really like the look but that might not be the look your going for with the lift and all. As for offroad tires that not really my dept so I cant help you there

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you guys think about the Mickey Thompson ATZ compared to the Dick Cepek F-C II I'm looking at? I'm leaning seriously towards the MM 951 wheels.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i think the 955s would look better but its your decision. my buddy has the fc-11s and theyve lasted him more than 20,000 miles. good tire.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're new enough that there are very few examples of them on a truck. I'd love to see some more pics of them mounted.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All emblems and decals are off the truck. The adhesive is fun to get off the tailgate emblems, NOT. Now I'm trying to get my wheels ordered. I decided on the MM 951s. I was going to order 16x8s, but they're on back order for a couple weeks. I may go with 17x9s now with 33/12.50-17 F-C II tires. I'll probably go letters in. Do you think the 17x9s will stick out too much?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered 17x9 chrome 951s last Monday. Finally got them last night. Plans are to get the tires installed Saturday morning. It's still looking like I'll be going with Dick Cepek F-C IIs. I love the Cooper STTs, but I'm afraid they're too aggressive for street driving. I can't wait to get them on and see how it looks. If they look too big for the truck, a 3" BL may be in my future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts