GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has their truck debadged? I am thinking about doing it to my truck but im not sure if i want to do it or not. :ninja:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
these threads crack me up.. your rarely gonna find someone who will say leave the molding.. with this said.. debadge it now :bowtie:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Ya, go for it its a easy/cheap mod, I didn't even have my truck 12hrs before I ripped everything off. I don't regret it yet, the only thing that worries me is someone slamming their door into mine and not having the moldings to protect the door, but I just park in the back. I am 100% satisfied so far, it looks tons better.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
pewter00 said:
these threads crack me up.. your rarely gonna find someone who will say leave the molding.. with this said.. debadge it now :bowtie:
I happen to like my truck better with the mouldings .. if Chevy had been smart they would have colormatched all the mouldings instead of just the Pewter ones. :think:

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Badassilverado said:
You can still get dents under the molding, if it is hit hard enough it'll be even worse. I've gotten a few since I took mine off 2+ years ago but it was worth it, they're not noticeable and it looks a lot cleaner with no trim.
:word: if your worried about dents, either way, your gonna get some with or without the trim. When i had my 01 silvy, when i debadged it, there were a few minor dings under the molding. So just debadge it, it will look 100X better looking :read:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
go for it...i did it on my truck...looked way cleaner...

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont have any molding so i'm not worried about dints i probably will

·
Registered
639 Posts
be a trendsetter...keep it badged...LOL whatever de-badged trucks look better just plain and simple. I did mine by myself it was wasy and it looks 20x better.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Personally, I'm going to have to break the trend and say I prefer moldings (on most trucks). The debagded ones have a tendency to look like the base model W/T IMO. On the other hand, I don't like it when everything isn't colour matched, so some trucks it would be an improvment. However...with that being said...I noticed, from your sig, that it is a 98. Ditch the molding on the OBS. It will have a much cleaner look. :bowtie:

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
it will make your truck look more clean and sleak, i would go for it, cheapest mod you will find.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No they're still on their still on their and they are starting to look bad because the one's on the sides are starting to fade some so i think i will. It took me along time to get some pics on the internet it is wierd seeing it on here. so what is yall's opinion on the truck. :head:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts