GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Youngest GMFS Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today i got rid of my chevrolet emblem on the back of the truck. The problem is that there is a slight ghosting from around where the emblem was. I tried searching for a fix but i came up dry. Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated! Ill try to get a picture but the truck is at my moms house ATM

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
He spoon fed you the answer.
Might have to buff the area a little with some swirl and haze remover as well as the aforementioned procedure.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
I'd take the opportunity to either:
A) Invest in legit detailing supplies.
B) Pay to have the truck professionally detailed.
I don't think he's prepared for that at all judging by this:
Ill give that a try. Is this good wax: http://www.armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=20

its all ive got...

Any local parts store will have what you need, 3M eraser wheel to get the adhesive off, then a clay bar, (Meguiars and a few others sell a kit with the clay and lube/detail spray in a box), then polish, then a wax.

·
dodgin' potholes
786 Posts
polishing compound is your friend, bro. Even over the counter Turtle Wax brand will help.

Start saving for a Porter Cable polisher & some quality products from adams, chemical guys, or poorboys, IMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.