GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TOFUGUY
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just debadged my tailgate and there's no more adhesive residue but there's still sort of an outline where the emblems were... any advice on how to smooth this out and make it not as noticeable? i have washed and waxed and buffed out.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
did you clay it also?...

if that doesnt work after polishing it again....you could try *BE VERY CAREFUL!* wet sanding that small area with like 2000 grit paper and then buff it out again..

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Have you tried goof-off? I was almost possitive all my residue was gone, clay bar'd it, and it was still there. I used the goof-off, and it's all gone now.

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
When I took off my rain guards, I had to use some scratch remover to take off the outline.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
crash your truck and have them repaint the whole damn thing.... only thing i could do to get those annoying little lines off

·
Profit
126 Posts
this is a real easy fix, you just gotta get the right stuff. try to find a light/medium polish at the store like mother's or meguiars. polish the area with a terry towel or something with some nap to it that wont hurt the paint, but dont be ginger with it. then wax. you should be ok. i used my PC orbital with a polishing pad and a light polish, took about 30 seconds to get rid of each outline.

·
OG
1,498 Posts
crash your truck and have them repaint the whole damn thing.... only thing i could do to get those annoying little lines off
:lol:

When I debadged, I used some gasoline to get rid of that outline. Just be careful. Make sure you wash the area right after with car soap and put a little bit of wax on it.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i had the same outlines.....i just used meguiers scratch x and then waxed it and they went away

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
When I debadged mine, I gave it a couple days. Then clayed, washed and waxed. Worked fine, on red of all colors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts