GMC Truck Forum banner

Debadging

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  07blkchevyz71 
#1 ·
Ok so i think I'm gonna debadge soon, but I took the dealership piece off today and I can see where the adhesive was. I used goo gone and all of the adhesive is gone, but I can tell where it was...any way to make this go away?

#4 ·
try some wd-40 to remove the hard stuff you have left and then clean it again with the goo gone. This is what I did on my truck with the same issue. It worked great.

#8 ·
go to autozone or oriellys and get the 3m wheel it works wonders I have done about 20+ cars and it has worked great.

#9 ·
go to autozone or oriellys and get the 3m wheel it works wonders I have done about 20+ cars and it has worked great.
Damn, where were you when I took my Fing side moldings off! :crazy: I still have blisters on my thumbs. I looked for that damn wheel too and can't find one. Guess I'll know who to get a hold of if I take off my LTZ and Silverado on the tailgate. :wave:

#10 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I took off the LT too and I can't even tell it was there. I just washed and waxed it. But the thing the dealer put on there is still kinda visible, but only in direct sunlight...i'll probably buff it tomorrow

#14 ·
dsteedsman haha i just got here like a month ago. But yeah i still have that wheel.. hit me up anytime

#17 ·
2nd brigaide 1st and 320th field artillery alpha battery and you?

#18 ·
you ever get your truck back from whyatt johnson?

#19 ·
Went ahead and took the badges off the tailgate and I like how it turned out. Thinking about doing the doors next. Not sure yet if I want to do them. I was going to take some pics and post but the damn camera ran the batteries dead and didn't have enough around the house so I just snapped a quick shot from my phone.

What do you guys think? I think its looks better than having the silverado and "LS" logo on the tailgate.

#21 ·
Went ahead and took the badges off the tailgate and I like how it turned out. Thinking about doing the doors next. Not sure yet if I want to do them. I was going to take some pics and post but the damn camera ran the batteries dead and didn't have enough around the house so I just snapped a quick shot from my phone.

What do you guys think? I think its looks better than having the silverado and "LS" logo on the tailgate.
Look even better if you take off the rear bowtie. :imo The rest looks clean though. :crazy:

#23 ·
truck looks good man i'll have to find a link for the wheel but i may just end up posting a pic of what mine looks like lol

#24 ·

def better, now lose the bowtie

#25 ·
Brought home a friends truck from work today to do some debadging...took off the dealer tag and the LT...but for some reason he wants me to leave all of that other crap...

(looks ALOT like mine)

By the way, mine's totally done, it's just dirty and I'm ashamed to take pics of it right now. :nono:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.