GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with the sudden death of my cd player, I'm looking for a pair of 6.5" speakers and an amp to go with them. I plan to mount the speakers in my doors and get rid of the crappy 4x6's in my dash, then run them off their own amp. This way I can just plug in a portable cd player or mp3 player or laptop or whatever the hell i want, or even my now neutered radio... Anybody know of any good combos? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot on this, probably 100 - 200 bucks. I've got a pair of Kenwood KFC-6909 6x9's in the back with their own amp and love them, how are kenwoods 6.5" speakers? Maybe I can have matching blue speakers all around :crazy:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Ive got the matching kenwoods in my front doors, I think they are 3 ways, pretty nice speakers. I bought the whole set, teh 6x9s you have, the 6.5s and the 4x6s. They are the top of the line kenwoods before you get into the excelon series (they werent out at the time I bought them)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Boston Acoustics are sweet. Nice crisp clean sound. A little pricey but definitely worth the money

·
Registered
413 Posts
BuiltNotBought99 said:
Kenwoods are pretty good but I would check into some infinity's.
yea i just got some infinity kappa 6.5" components, couldn't be happier. they sound noticeably better than my old mb quarts. i definitely recommend them. i think i got a pair for like $170.

·
Registered
633 Posts
lokoh said:
Boston Acoustics are sweet. Nice crisp clean sound. A little pricey but definitely worth the money

this man knows his stuff, i have some in the dash and rear of my 94 Caravan and theyre damn good speakers.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
03rado said:
I wish I could find a pair of infinity's for around $170
i think i paid $150 for my kappa components. search on ebay and look for the best price and shipping. many big sellers will combine shipping if you want to pick up a set of 4x6s or some subs or amp. i usually look for people selling thousands of items at once.

jgood2709 said:
yea i just got some infinity kappa 6.5" components, couldn't be happier. they sound noticeably better than my old mb quarts. i definitely recommend them. i think i got a pair for like $170.
are you running them off the stock headunit or aftermarket? how do they sound when you turn them up? i'm having problems with mine buzzing in the doors.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I have some Visonik components up front. I have ~150 RMS going to them and I have beating the crap out of them for a year. Still hit hard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts