GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to finally replace my USAMPS dud. So whats out there for a decent price for 2 channel roughly 350watts perside at 2 ohms?

I'd like to spend no more than $200.

·
S-Marts Top of the Line
191 Posts
wow....you will be hard pressed finding an amp like that for that cheap, especially one that produces that kind of power...

but for around $200 maybe a little more...

i would look at

fosgate p300 or a kicker ZX350

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man do i have the deal for you.

Make sure to read the warning about overheating though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380136053522

But why a 2channel?
its for my front stage.

I really dont feel like dropping alot of coin on an amp since Im just ready for my front stage to work again. Its been over 6 months since it has worked.

Im okay if I spend a little over $200, but Im not looking to do anything but have my speakers work again decently. I dont want any lanzar bullshit but I dont need top of line holy grail shit either.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I doubt you will get anything close to that Cadence amp for the price range its in.

What speakers are you running that are taking 350w?

its for my front stage.

I really dont feel like dropping alot of coin on an amp since Im just ready for my front stage to work again. Its been over 6 months since it has worked.

Im okay if I spend a little over $200, but Im not looking to do anything but have my speakers work again decently. I dont want any lanzar bullshit but I dont need top of line holy grail shit either.

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
its not essentially defective. It was a first run done by cadence with the shorter heat fins which had a tendency to overheat under stressful loads. Spend 30 on an amp and 5 on a 12v fan and save 100 bucks
:think:That sounds pretty defective to me.
I understand your point and for someone on a very tight budget or looking for a temporary solution I would recommend it. I would not recommend it for the OP, however, as he's looking for a permanent solution and $129 is well within his budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts