GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was looking at a 2/4 for a long time, but i finally got a chance to see what one looks like in person. And dont get me wrong it looked great, but it just wasn't low enough for me. So i thikn i have decided to get a 4/6, but i dont know what shocks to use. I'm also not too sure which kit to get? Any help with this will be appreciated!

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
What truck are we dealing with here? DJM and Mcgaughys are great. DT shocks, Edelbrock IAS's, Bilsteins....all good choice...depends on how much ya wanna spend on shocks.

Cameron

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its an 01 single cab...I think i know for sure that im going with a DJM drop. How are the Belltech nitro actives?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I would also say got with the Doetsch Techs. I have been very pleased with the DJM and DT shock combination.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Get the DJM 4/6 or if you plan on baggin in the future, maybe the Mcgaughy's 4/6 kit might be a better choice. Both are good kits.

For shocks, I agree with the guys, definitely Doetsch Techs are the better ones. I've had Belltech's and DT's ride much better IMO.

I'd call Summit Racing to buy the shocks. They have the best prices on those shocks, that I know of, and their standard shipping is about 8 bux only. :grin:

·
GMFS MEMBER
42 Posts
yeah go with the djm 4-6 kit. i have it with the belltech nitro active shocks and rides really well. stay away from the toxic shocks though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies! Just one other question...How often do you have to get it alligned? Thnaks

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i ran a 2/4 for about 2 years, only got it alligned when it was first lowered

1 - 12 of 12 Posts