GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided on the Moto Metal 962 for my NNBS Silverado, but now I have to decide what size and offset specs to get.

Apparently Moto Metal only offers the 18" 962 in two configurations: Either 18x9 0mm offset or 18x10 -24mm offset. I *wish* they offered it in an 18x10 -12 offset.

I have an RCX 6" suspension lift which already makes the track width stick out a bit. I like a little tire sticking out from the fenders but not too much. So I'm thinking the 18x10 -24 might be a bit much for my taste and am leaning more toward the 18x9 0 offset. However, I do like the deep dish look which I probably won't get with the 18x9.

Will the 18x9 0mm offset work OK with my 6" rcx lift and 305/65R18s (33.5" tall)? What backspacing do I need in order to make sure I don't have any clearance issues on the backside of the wheel?

About how much further do you think an 18x9 0mm offset will stick out past my current stance?

This is the site I was looking on:
http://www.wheelsforless.com/Moto_Metal_962_Chrome.html

They don't even mention backspacing or give an option to specify it when ordering as far as I can tell. How do I find out what the BS is, or are they all the same?

Would love to see pics of these in 18x9 and 18x10 if anyone has them.

{edit} Also, if anyone knows of a similar looking wheel in chrome that comes in 18x10 -12 offset, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
I like a little tire sticking out from the fenders but not too much. However, I do like the deep dish look which I probably won't get with the 18x9.
^this is the choice you gotta make...

18x10 will look 10x better. I had 18x9 moto 962s and had always wished i got the 10s. 18x10s will fit just fine on your lift, the 9s will look small IMO. the 9s sat about flush with my fenders, but I had no fender flares. I wanted a little more wide so i got spacers. the tens will probably sit out about 1.5'' more or so. if you have factory flares it really wont be a big deal.

my truck was leveled.. pretty much same size tire as u.

here's the 9s with no spacers/no flares
image_zpscafd0412.jpg

here it is with 1.5'' spacers all around. also has a 1.5'' body lift here.
image_zps6e353fdb.jpg

not a great pic but here's another so you can see how far they stick out with spacers.. an 18x10 would be similar.. truck on the right.
image_zps1abb50f8.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and pics! The stance in the last pic is great. Not too much, not too little. However, mine has the RCX lift which increases the front track width by roughly 1.5" and I have 2" wheel spacers on the back to even it out. So if I'm understanding correctly, on my truck 18x10s with -24 offset would stick out an additional 1.5" more than what it is in the last pic you posted? If so, that may be a bit too much.

Here's a pic of my current track width with the stock 18x8 wheels, RCX lift and 2" rear wheel spacers.

I wouldn't mind a little more bulge (a half inch more or so), but not too much. I don't really want to install fender flares.

Thanks again.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
So if I'm understanding correctly, on my truck 18x10s with -24 offset would stick out an additional 1.5" more than what it is in the last pic you posted? If so, that may be a bit too much.
It will stick out roughly the same as my last pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts