GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be lifting my truck within the next month to month and a half, and am looking at two lifts. They are:

1.Superlift Full Drop 6-7.5"
2.Dick Cepek 9"

I am aware that there are not many good reviews on the Cepek online, but Ive talked to two people in town with no problems currently. I have also read mixed reviews on the 7.5" Superlift. I would also like to stay away from getting a body lift at this point in time..

I want to get by a few months without having to get gears, so I will be running some 37" Iroks(got a really good deal) on my stock rims. Then by the end of summer I will be getting some 18s or 20s on new tires.

So the question is which lift?

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
superlift cranked or even a procomp cranked.....cepeks are garbage on nbs from what ive read

How wide are those iroks? And where u getting these deals from, hook us up

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
not sure if those bfgs actually measure up but you can probably bet on those iroks to. Either lift will be a good choice. I would say the superlift just bc its bigger and you wont have to crank as much as you would have to with the procomp

where are you finding these pics at? I would like to look at more

edit--forgot superflift height is 7.5" when cranked....get which ever is cheaper

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
dont the cepeks for that body style not have compression struts? Seems kind of dangerous to have a lift that big with no added stability like that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I get all these pictures from looking on websites over the past 2 years..

I am aware that there are no compression struts, but the review ive got people had no problems.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont want to put money into a Cognito or something like that, because I'm not sure how long I'm keeping this truck. So I will just go with a lower end kit that still gives me the height I want.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The 9" Cepek is a good kit for the money IMO... Their are better kit's, but it is a decent kit.

I would rather have it than the superlift.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts