Votes: 15 88.2%
  • 3" bodylift, n-fabs, 315's on stockers

Votes: 2 11.8%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to have enough money by the end of this summer+grad money to put a lift on the truck. The two setups i am contemplating are the 6-7.5" superlift kit and 315 mtz's (or larger depending on $$) on some 17x9 wheels or a 3" bodylift, n-fabs, and 315's on my stock wheels.
As far as the aftermarket wheels, i really would like to go chrome but will probably get black simply bc i dont wash the truck as often as i use to and its just less upkeep. Also, i dont see many trucks around here with black wheels and i think they would look pretty good with my color truck.

vote

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
id do the one with the body lift and superlift

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
its one or the other
ahh misread

do you plan on keeping the truck much longer?

if you plan on keepin it go suspension other wise slap on a body lift and 315s

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not muxh of a bodylift or Superlift fan. Go with the suspension lift, but maybe a Procomp?
I have heard good things bout both kits but the superlift is a bit more easier on the wallet and i dont plan on doing any harsh offroading with the truck.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
If you want wheels that you dont have to clean often dont get black. I thought they wouldnt get dirty quick but they do! haha. Chrome or polished would be better as far as not looking as dirty.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
its one or the other
I think you need to look at this thread again...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84320

...If you do it smart and on a budget, and plan things good...and install everything yourself (your in the right state to get some help:lol)...you can do that for a decent price:imo.

You know our body style truck looks awesome witha very clean and simple set up, especially at 37"s :read:

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I'm not a BL fan myself. The SL and MTZ's sounds like a sweet setup. Besides, like you said, can't beat the price of the SL.

The pole speaks for itself.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you need to look at this thread again...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84320

...If you do it smart and on a budget, and plan things good...and install everything yourself (your in the right state to get some help:lol)...you can do that for a decent price:imo.

You know our body style truck looks awesome witha very clean and simple set up, especially at 37"s :read:
Motohead was actually considering selling me his superlift when he takes it off this summer

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Do a Fts 9.5 its the same hieght about as a 6 + 3 set up but looks alot cleaner and bigger over all, and your only talking like 700 or so bucks more for the lift. I wish i would have went that rought when i did my first lift looks pretty good, but does end up costing more that way too.

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
i'de go suspension if your only doing one or the other. my superlift FIT system w/ bilstein shocks is getting installed next week. $1937.00 installed w/ alignment at 4wp. i'm doing a body lift too but that's beside the point.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'de go suspension if your only doing one or the other. my superlift FIT system w/ bilstein shocks is getting installed next week. $1937.00 installed w/ alignment at 4wp. i'm doing a body lift too but that's beside the point.
I thought about the FIT but i dont like the increased track width and lack of height from the kit

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
either way its tite but i would do a b/l with 315's and do a few other things
i realy want to back down on my bars tho. I can still get the stance i want from running a suspension lift and not cranking so much

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
well whatever you decide, good luck. can't wait to see it. i know i'm going crazy waiting for mine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts