GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you achive without doing a blowthrough? i want my truck to hit the low of the lowest and just hear me comin from a block away, what type of sub or subs what type of enclosure port firing up foward center console behind he seats, i have never heard a ten achive the lows so what 12 can i use?

the equipment i have
6.5 coaxials MMATS in the doors
5x7 coaxials MMATS in the pillars
Rockford 400x4
rockford 1000x1

what i want
another set of 6.5 seprates in kick panels
and a 12" something that i can afford so any 12 under 300 or 350ish

i really want a DD9512 or a RE XXX or even a FI Q or BTL

so help me out

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
marine speakers in ur grillz and under ur chazziez

·
Registered
353 Posts
i can achieve the lows with 6" if i wanted, you haven't heard the right sub and box. traveling distance on that wouldn't make the "blocks away" though.

first off, throw the XXX idea in the toilet.

i have the same thing to say that i've said the last 10 times.

build the box like i told you and get an AQ sub due to your budget.

if you ax dis question again :beatdeadhorse5:, i'm going to have to vote for your :ban:

:killer:

:kidding:

look at this, do you think i may know what i'm talking about? ps- it's a lot nastier in person, the video does not capture the true violence of it. his side windows are about to break and he had a rock chip up front that is now spread across the entire windshield. AND this is only the beginning. he's only got 1/4 the power we are going to be running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI5efrrJ4OY

·
Registered
233 Posts
I saw on a regular cab on youtube with 1 12" fi bl ported and his cab was flexing. I personally am thinking about getting the 10" and venting it and keeping my leg room.

·
-Consistantly Retarded-
624 Posts
Im running two diamond audio d3 10s in a center console box and its loud enough, but still sounds good. What 95 stroked reccommended is a good way to go, and just ditch the center seat and build a center console box.

·
Registered
151 Posts
rockford makes some shallow mount punch subs now p3s i think i been out of the audio for a while they outa hit in that little space. i agree with whoever said you havent heard it done right though i know a guy that had 2 8''s in his frontier and it knocked his windshield out twice and you could here him way to long before you saw him. i know you said no blowthrough but my friend did it to his f150 and i would have never considered it till i heard his truck 3 jl w3s and you could here him................to far away.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
HOLY FAWK!:whoa:
I just youtubed the DD9512...
[yt]9wKGkdNqymU[/yt]

PRICE?

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
GOD DAMN!! Badass 67-72 model GM truck as well!

·
Registered
353 Posts
HOLY FAWK!:whoa:
I just youtubed the DD9512...
[yt]9wKGkdNqymU[/yt]

PRICE?
around $750 +/-. price may seem steep, but you get more than you pay for. output is nutz and they have an insanely tight percussion. what makes it expensive and well worth it is the parts quality and build quality are second to NONE.

that is rightous truck!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see thats where i draw the line of should i just save the money and get 1 DD9512 or do i go and save myself the cash and get the AQ 12, and if i go either route is the RF1000 enough to push it to its full potential, and would they be in the same kind of box there 95stroked ? also what do you think about the 360 from RF

·
Registered
233 Posts
Kind of off topic but is Audio Que better than Fi? I never heard of AQ until this post but I really don't know much about this stuff to begin with.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Kind of off topic but is Audio Que better than Fi? I never heard of AQ until this post but I really don't know much about this stuff to begin with.
EVERY bit as good as FI. AQ is still assembled by DD, just with china parts. FI, is assembled in USA, with china parts. i've played a little with some of Atwell's different subs. He is very capable, but lets say that DD would never produce a sub that had the sacrifices as his RE MT did. That's how picky DD is.

·
Registered
353 Posts
see thats where i draw the line of should i just save the money and get 1 DD9512 or do i go and save myself the cash and get the AQ 12, and if i go either route is the RF1000 enough to push it to its full potential, and would they be in the same kind of box there 95stroked ? also what do you think about the 360 from RF
same box would work fine.

don't have any doubts about the potentcy or durability of AQ. they're not a DD, but they are solid. if you are the type that like to go the extra mile, then go DD. remember, stepping up isn't a linear price scale, it's exponential. personally, i don't think you'd be sorry if you bought the DD or AQ. you could get the AQ and have money left over to get more power.... vs if you just bought the DD.

you can clip that RF 1000 and heat the coils, but push them decent. you can short term clip the amp with usable power, but any coils will heat up fairly quick. belting out low, low notes, you won't notice the clipping by ear.

but no, you won't get full potential with a single 1000.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
around $750 +/-. price may seem steep, but you get more than you pay for. output is nutz and they have an insanely tight percussion. what makes it expensive and well worth it is the parts quality and build quality are second to NONE.

that is rightous truck!
WOW... i might as well go with a fully loaded 12" BTL for $450.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so if iwent with the AQ 12 in the box that you came up with downfire port firing foward would be the best. i would like to show everyone the sub and i wanted to go with the port firing up and the speaker exposed firing toward the window, because i do alot of car shows and people tend to look in the interor you know, what would be the next best thing for that reason.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
also stroked is the aluminum coiled one worth 100 more than the copper ones will i see a diff. somewhere or whats up

·
Registered
353 Posts
you won't beat the value of the regular HDC312. that's what i would run for your appliction. you can email DJ (@ AQ) and see what he thinks. $230 for the non aluminum coil and it's supposed to fall somewhere between a DD 35 and 95 for output capability. nucking futs for that price tag.

save the $ on the sub and try to swing the AQ 2200 amp for $390 shipped and really get nasty. i might not try to bump little john for 10 minutes straight full tilt, but it will be insane for a few minutes at full tilt. turned down to an all day bumping level will still be way loud.

as for mounting, it's all a trade off. the box i told you to build will load the bass into the listeners and blow peoples minds who sit in your truck.

if you wanted to show it off, i'd use plexiglass on the top or both sides of the box, as opposed to changing the configuration. personally, increasing show and sacrificing a lot of go is not an acceptable trade off. if you want to put less into the listeners and more on the meter (on the dash or kick panel) then use a different sub and port placement.

and remember, don't skimp on the port. these subs are designed to be port drivers.... aka they are designed to handle and work a good port to really kick out their full potential.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts