GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if someone makes a silver overlay for this gauge cluster (Denali). Does anyone know of any?

·
Registered
489 Posts
yes there is: silver , bronze, carbon fiber painted a ton of differnt ways and colore.. and so on I'll see if I can find the link

·
Registered
779 Posts
if i wanted a nali cluster i personally would buy the bezel for 19 bucks... clear the needles... and change the bulbs to blue...thats all there is too it...your truck wont go 120 w/out a power programmer... you gotta get the mileage reprogramed...and who really needs a tranny temp guage?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want the tranny gauge, i plan on getting my truck programmed, and you don't necessarily need to get your mileage programmed. You can get a sticker to put on the door to write in the mileage.

·
Banned
8 Posts
BogeyBoy82 said:
if i wanted a nali cluster i personally would buy the bezel for 19 bucks... clear the needles... and change the bulbs to blue...thats all there is too it...your truck wont go 120 w/out a power programmer... you gotta get the mileage reprogramed...and who really needs a tranny temp guage?
What are you talking about? The bezel is 19 bucks? What bezel are you talking about?

I have a custom tune so I can go faster than 100MPH and I want a tranny temp gauge. You don't need it, but well, then why don't you just do away with the tachometer, engine temp, oil pressure and voltage gauges then? Who really needs those either?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
simplystylin said:
What are you talking about? The bezel is 19 bucks? What bezel are you talking about?

I have a custom tune so I can go faster than 100MPH and I want a tranny temp gauge. You don't need it, but well, then why don't you just do away with the tachometer, engine temp, oil pressure and voltage gauges then? Who really needs those either?
:word:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Didnt really stay ontop of this one....but...the bezel...the area around the guages with the clear plastic that protects the guages...it is a seperate part..comes off the cluster...you can get the denali one (just painted grey instead of black) for 19 bucks....might be 29 bucks...i forget...but it was cheap...i had one but then got the escalade bezel (not cheap)

·
Registered
779 Posts
the only thing different between stock cluster and denali, is the bezel (29 bucks)...the clear needles (20 bucks)...and the lighthing (buy some blue led bulbs) (30 bucks)...why waste the money and pay out the ass for a denali cluster unless you want it to read 120 mph (even though you can only go 100 unless you get it reprogrammed)...i dont see the point in a tranny temp guage just b/c if it was THAT important they would put it on every vehicle with that cluster...not just the high dollar ones...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
BogeyBoy82 said:
Didnt really stay ontop of this one....but...the bezel...the area around the guages with the clear plastic that protects the guages...it is a seperate part..comes off the cluster...you can get the denali one (just painted grey instead of black) for 19 bucks....might be 29 bucks...i forget...but it was cheap...i had one but then got the escalade bezel (not cheap)
Yeah you can get the Denali or Caddy bezel pretty cheap. I bought just the bezel for mine on GMPartsdierect.com for about $40. Here's another post about it: http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4110

1 - 13 of 13 Posts