GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need a full lesson on air ride I am very familiar with how the systems work. (had a 3.2TL w/ air) However I'm new to the truck scene what do I need to do for the AWD truck. I would like to use bolt in air ride tech stuff, but not sure what I need. anybody know?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Well, the AWD ones I've seen laid out lose the FWD basically. As far as I know there is no bolt on kit for what you want and def. not one from ART. What you are looking for will be custom. How low are you trying to get? Lay frame or just get or??

Cameron

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know you can buy specila bag mount/hoops for the front that allow you to keep it AWD. A place in cali. makes them I can find out from a friend of mine that had them made for him.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Physh1 said:
Well, the AWD ones I've seen laid out lose the FWD basically. As far as I know there is no bolt on kit for what you want and def. not one from ART. What you are looking for will be custom. How low are you trying to get? Lay frame or just get or??

Cameron
you have to keep it AWD :read: The shop that bagged my truck pulled the fron CV's on a escalade ESV. new truck and it didn't move. They redid it, and it worked fine with the AWD, not sure exactly how they did it though. It was just as low when the front wheels spinning too(the truck was on 24inch Lexanis). It won't matter on how low he'll be b/c hes on some big rims.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I don't need to lay frame. 26's are going on anyway. I just want some adjustability. keeping awd is good I am trying to avoid cutting and welding. Thanks for your help guys, if you could find the name of the shop that would be appreciated.

2k1slvrdo do you have any pics of the setup? more specifically the suspension components. thanks again fellas

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
you have to keep it AWD :read: The shop that bagged my truck pulled the fron CV's on a escalade ESV. new truck and it didn't move. They redid it, and it worked fine with the AWD, not sure exactly how they did it though. It was just as low when the front wheels spinning too(the truck was on 24inch Lexanis). It won't matter on how low he'll be b/c hes on some big rims.
Thanks for the correction....I was a bit tired when I posted that....lol

Cameron

·
Registered
716 Posts
About the ESV from Merzees., there was a quick how-to in the newest Tailgate magazine (April 2004). The magazine says they're 23's, not 24's. They look like Lexani VP's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts