GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get all the parts for this Denali conversion... and just for my own personal knowledge... how much for an escalade conversion.. the 03 style front end..

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Ebay makes wonders. do a search there

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
The escalade front end is going to cost around 3k in parts and then you have to take in consideration labor (fender flare holes must be welded up and the lower portion of your stock fenders must be grafted onto the escalade fenders so the body line matches up correctly)

After labor you have to take in consideration paint. You don't want to sink 4k into parts and labor and then have a pathetic paint job :D

I'd say if you combined it all together at a bodyshop you could get it done for 4500-5500 depending on how much they are willing to work with you.

The denali front end consists of a new grill, new bumper, impact bar behind bumper, misc. clips and fillers, and the headlights and turn signals. With the OEM headlights you are likely looking at around 1500 bucks to get it done. Don't forget the front bumper will have to be painted as well.

Like Chris said, ebay can do wonder parts wise, but you are basically trusting everything to be as described which is tough on that place. I'd rather get the parts new personally :)

·
Its in the works...
356 Posts
To share info, go check

www.ls1tech.com

search for denali and denali conversion

many posts, discussions, and parts list have been citied well from here and other sites.

Things to consider:
If you have chevy, better to just do escalade conversion

If you have gmc might consider deanli front but only if not dropping it. (front end hangs 5" + lower than bottom of body line) pits for rough roads and steep driveways, tears bumper apart!

If you want the bling affect go escalade.

Parts on ebay are a great way to go, be careful to read things thoroughly though. Pick seller's with only high counts and 100% positive feedback. You can find ALMOST all of the parts youll need for both if you spend enough TIME.. You will need to be patient with ebay and Ive noticed with parts for both sometimes the bids go up to just as much as you might pay at the dealer. See if shops in your area can get a kit for a cheap deal! Look in the new TRUCKIN (R) for kits of both as well..

hope this helps. if you want more info, email me....

·
Registered
277 Posts
here is the parts list for the escalade swap go to gmparts and look them up there

Parts List
88937045 Hood
15181851 Headlamp Left
15181850 Headlamp Right
15162129 Radiator Grille
15047340 Frt Bumper Cover
88937038 Right Fender
88937037 Left Fender
15187251 Left Fog
15187252 Right Fog
15078773 Chrome Hood Strip
15047412 Bumper Insert
15750636 Support
15185626 Left Headlight Support
15185627 Right Headlight Support
15171405 Radiator Air Deflector/Baffle
15060056 Wire Harness

·
Its in the works...
356 Posts
yeah it only cost $600 cause you didn't get the full kit. You still got the sierra lights (cleared out though) and no fogs, and no lower air damn grill. And what is that in the fog light holes? Looks like some black plastic wrap...? The parts list above is a good start, but no 100% complete. Good start.. but Id like to see you take it all the way!!!

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
tranzfourmd said:
yeah it only cost $600 cause you didn't get the full kit. You still got the sierra lights (cleared out though) and no fogs, and no lower air damn grill. And what is that in the fog light holes? Looks like some black plastic wrap...? The parts list above is a good start, but no 100% complete. Good start.. but Id like to see you take it all the way!!!
It looks to me that the plastic was in there during painting to keep from the undercarriage getting overspray .. I like it without the grill in the air damn myself. And putting in the headlights and the foglights wouldn't be that hard, looks like he has a great start :head:

·
Its in the works...
356 Posts
I agree bcuded, Im not saying it sucks or anything. I want to do the same thing. Ive started collecting parts to do the conversion on my truck, but I have only seen 1 truck that was 100% converted. I do really like the choice of color, his blue on the gmc rocks!
keep up the good work!!!

03carbondogg why wont it work on your 03, you have the new front like the 04's, you can do it, just will cost a little more and won't be so 'plug and play' for lack of a better phrase...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
tranzfourmd said:
I agree bcuded, Im not saying it sucks or anything. I want to do the same thing. Ive started collecting parts to do the conversion on my truck, but I have only seen 1 truck that was 100% converted. I do really like the choice of color, his blue on the gmc rocks!
keep up the good work!!!

03carbondogg why wont it work on your 03, you have the new front like the 04's, you can do it, just will cost a little more and won't be so 'plug and play' for lack of a better phrase...
I'd have to change the frame horns wouldn't I? Is that it? Or would I have to change the whole bumper too?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
I'd have to change the frame horns wouldn't I? Is that it? Or would I have to change the whole bumper too?
Well, the denali has the whole plastic cover and then an inner bumper that does the actual protection for the truck. So yeah, you'd take your bumper off and put the denali inner bumper on. I priced it at a dealer and it was ~300 and then ~300 more for the "cover" Not sure if the inner bumper is complete with the foam or not, but on top of that you'll need the grill, turn signals, some filler panels, etc. On the plus hand, it would be easy to sell your 03 GMC parts to someone wanting to upgrade to the new front end so that would absorb alot of the costs of the denali conversion.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Well, the denali has the whole plastic cover and then an inner bumper that does the actual protection for the truck. So yeah, you'd take your bumper off and put the denali inner bumper on. I priced it at a dealer and it was ~300 and then ~300 more for the "cover" Not sure if the inner bumper is complete with the foam or not, but on top of that you'll need the grill, turn signals, some filler panels, etc. On the plus hand, it would be easy to sell your 03 GMC parts to someone wanting to upgrade to the new front end so that would absorb alot of the costs of the denali conversion.
Yeah I could sell the 03 parts. Really didn't think about that. It's something I would like to do in the near future. Looks like it's going to cost me around $1500 or more. But it's a big upgrade.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
tranzfourmd said:
keep up the good work!!!
Here's one completely done, it's a list members brothers truck, an032nv ...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Does anyone have a list of all the part #s for everything that is needed to convert the front of a 2001 sierra to the denali front. Also, would this work for the 2003 yukons too.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I wonder if my fogs will work on the denali front end. Since the 03's are round anyway. If so that's at least a few parts I wouldn't have to buy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts