GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over this site and sporttruck.com for a tech article on swapping the headlights, but can not find anything, i'm also looking to swap to the Denali grille (just the centerpart).

i was wondering what modifications,if any, needed to be performed to make this a successful swap.

thanks
larry

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
maniacc said:
I have searched all over this site and sporttruck.com for a tech article on swapping the headlights, but can not find anything, i'm also looking to swap to the Denali grille (just the centerpart).i was wondering what modifications,if any, needed to be performed to make this a successful swap.
I know several of the GMC guys have done it, someone should be able to help you! :gmfs:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Denali headlamps can be switched out with no mods on any 99-04 Sierra and any 00-04 Yukon. As far as the grill goes...I've seen it done before, but I'm not sure how it is done. I think it would involve cutting, but I'm not sure :think: I dont think it can be done with a 03+ Sierra though (due to the different grill shape) unless you did a whole front clip swap.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I have the denali lights on mine. It's very simple. You will take the two pins holding the stock headlight out (they twist and pull up) then unplug the bulbs from their sockets, gently remove the headlight (might have to wiggle it back and forth to get it out.) Once you have the stock headlight out simply plug the denali lights into the factory harnesses the same way the others were, put them in the housing gently, insert the pins and you are done! Should take you about 5 minutes tops being careful :)

Hope this helps. As for the grill, alot bolt on top of the factory grill, while others require you to cut out the factory "plastic" grill and replace it with the new. The first one is more simple, but the cut-out ones usually look a little better :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the replys, i guess i'll have to go look closely at the denali grille to see if i can do it with cutting. they sure do look the same.

thanks again
larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts